Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Lacrosse Alpha Venoms

Old 03-04-2009, 11:09 AM

Default Lacrosse Alpha Venoms

Have any of you wore the lacrosse alpha venom? I originally was going to get the Muck Woody Armor but am looking into the Lacrosses now. Any other suggestions??

Thanks!
Old 03-05-2009, 06:43 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Lacrosse Alpha Venoms

I've had those Muck Woody Armour boots for 2+ years now. I have puta lot of miles on them and they are good toughboots, BUT they are a little warm to me. when I think snake protection I think 80, 90 degree weather and warmer, these boots are rated up to 70 degrees. And if you have small calves, the top of the boot will slightly bruise you IF you walk a lot in them in a day (The kevlar overlay makes the boot "harder" than the standard neoprene). I only wish they had a strap like the lacrosse boots have to tighten it against your calves. If you have bigger calves then no worries here.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:20 AM
Fork Horn

I just got the Cabela's dura-trax rubber boot a couple weeks ago. Really like them so far, but haven't got to wear them enough to really know. I'm taking 2 of my daughters fishing this morning and will wear them. We should have about a mile walk with some mud involved, by the time I get back I'll probably know if they are keepers or not.

BTW these are not snake boots.
Old 03-06-2009, 03:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've used the Cabela's Dur-trax for 3 years now for bowhunting and turkey hunting. Very comfortable, easy to get on and off, and no rips yet. I recently discovered Chota Marsh Boots II. Very comfortable, warmer than the Cabela's and they look to be tougher as well. THey even have the option to put removable steel ice studs in the sole.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:14 PM
Fork Horn

I bought a pair of them for last year.Other than being a bit stiff they are good boots.I don't think a snake would get through them.