Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 FREE Peak Turkey Gobbling Dates for Your State >

FREE Peak Turkey Gobbling Dates for Your State

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

FREE Peak Turkey Gobbling Dates for Your State

Old 03-02-2009, 12:17 PM

Default FREE Peak Turkey Gobbling Dates for Your State

T.R. has posted this on many talk forums:

Many hunters want to know when peak turkey gobbling occurs in their state - so they can schedule their hunt accordingly.

Turkeys have at least two gobbling peaks during the spring, with possisbly up to four gobbling peaks in some areas (according to my 4 year research project). Many hunting seasons are geared around the two primary gobbling peaks.

If they can, many hunters like to hunt during one of those two primary gobbling peaks, which generally occur when the toms may not be with the hens, but are calling to attract any hens still willing to breed. That means those to gobbling peaks are often teh best times to hunt, because you can hear the toms to locate them, and the toms may be willing to come to hen turkey calls.

You can get FREE "Turkey Gobbling Dates" for every state by Googling"Peak Turkey Gobbling Dates".

You might also want to contact your state turkey biologist, or the local conservation officer in your area, to find out when peak gobbling occurs, and where the turkeys are during your hunting period.

God bless and good hunting,

T.R.
I did this last year, and picked my season acccording to the dates, and I did get a nice tom.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: FREE Peak Turkey Gobbling Dates for Your State

Alabama stats are from the 1960's, and I think those are still very accurate today. That's pretty cool stuff, good info for first time turkey hunters for sure. Over the years, I've found that the first gobbling peak in my part of the state usually starts around the last week of March and goes until the end of the first week of April, the 5th or 6th most of the time. Second peak usually comes in around the 4th week of April like that chart says. Nice info.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:43 AM

[8D]

Old 03-31-2009, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

missouri has implemented a goble study program. they have volunteers from all over the state listen for gobblers at first light and record them. this year they put out a report tell in you the best times and conditions for peak gobbling.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:22 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: mohunter82

missouri has implemented a goble study program. they have volunteers from all over the state listen for gobblers at first light and record them. this year they put out a report tell in you the best times and conditions for peak gobbling.
I did a search for gobbling peak rates and Missouri and I found this report from the MDC in 2007. It not only breaks down gobbling by region and time of year, but also private vs public land, before and after rain, vapor pressure, etc. It's a very good and thorough report. Here's the url link to the pdf document:

http://mdc4.mdc.mo.gov/Documents/16122.pdf