Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Now - I think who ever did this should Hang! >

Now - I think who ever did this should Hang!

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Now - I think who ever did this should Hang!

Old 02-12-2009, 06:48 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Default Now - I think who ever did this should Hang!

My Home State too!

Approximately 200 turkeys intentionally poisoned in Oconto County
News Release Published: February 6, 2009 by th North East Region DNR
Contact(s): Byron Goetsch, DNR Regional Warden, (Green Bay), 920-662-5128
Responsible party faces charges; significant restitution
Byron Goetsch, DNR Regional Warden tel 920-662-5128 Greenbay, WI

GREEN BAY - DNR conservation wardens are investigating the intentional poisoning of approximately 200 wild turkeys in a wooded area near a farm in north central Oconto County.
Following a citizen tip on the DNR’s Hotline, wardens immediately responded and found the dead turkeys . “The responsible party has been identified and will be referred to the District Attorney or charges once the investigation has been completed,” said Regional Warden Byron Goetsch. The suspect may face charges ranging from civil to criminal. In addition, statutory wildlife restitution surcharges of $175 per turkey could be assessed by the court.
DNR believes the public, pets and the environment are at no further risk of exposure to the type of poisoned bait believed used. It is being confirmed by lab tests. “Once the substance is confirmed, we will make further evaluation and take appropriate steps,” Goetsch said.
Preliminary indications are that numerous other surviving turkeys in this area were not exposed. DNR has taken steps to ensure against further exposure. An aerial surveillance has found no other affected wildlife at this time.
The investigation is on-going. Anyone with additional information is encouraged to contact the 24-hour DNR Hotline at 800-847-9367.

[/align]
Old 02-12-2009, 07:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Now - I think who ever did this should Hang!

What a complete total pathetic loser. I hope they fine him more than $175 per turkey. It needs to be more like $500 or more. It's just beyond me what some people do these days. I guess his excuse will be they were overpopulated and needed thinning out.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:05 AM
Typical Buck

$175 is just the restitution surcharge. That would be $35 large! Could be regualr fines on top of that I imagine. Depending on what financial state this guy is in, his incredibly awfulact could end up breaking him. There could however, be a number of his neighbours who think he was stupid to do it because of the trouble he's in, but may be glad he did because they have issues with turkeys as well.

More than money I would love to see him get specific community service. That being working with wildlife biologists on understadning the TRUE impact of turkey pops on land and crops. Then mandatory seminars with other landowners to educate them. Make him stand up in front of all his fellow farmers or landowners and say "I used to be an idiot and think turkeys were a problem. I paid for that and now I am here to help work with you in understanding wildlife and conservation."

Old 02-12-2009, 01:52 PM
Fork Horn

I am also from Wisconsin. I did not see this on the news. Do you know why he poisoned them? was it because of crop damage?

Brandon
Old 02-12-2009, 04:58 PM
Typical Buck

I didn't hear anything about that either. It's almost just as good though. Stuff like that just makes me sick. Running over deer....running over ducks.....poisening turkeys....this kind of crap has to stop.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

hang him high
Old 02-13-2009, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is a shame, and it really makes me mad hearing about stuff like that. Who ever did that is a complete
and utter loser....
Old 02-13-2009, 09:46 AM
Fork Horn

Wow, what some people do these days!
Old 02-13-2009, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Farmers hate turkeys, so I hear.
Old 02-14-2009, 01:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

Farmers hate turkeys here as well!! When they raise cattle for beef or milk and turkeys get into the grain silos leaving their droppings all threw it. They still will not resort to poisoning them though. They also provide people with an area to hunt for turkeys with as well to help get rid of some of them. I have heard tell of some shooting a one every once in a while to try and drive them away from the silos. I have never heard of one poisoning them to get rid of them though and have my doubts it would happen here by any of them. Who ever did this is a very sick person and should have some mental help with his problem..

Quick Reply: Now - I think who ever did this should Hang!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.