Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

matching camo

Old 02-05-2009, 06:17 AM
Spike

Default matching camo

Does it relly matter if your shirt camodont match your pants camothat dont match your hat or face mask, i say it don't. but got a guy at work that thinks it's a fasion show and it should all match, same pattern.
He's haveing a hard time understanding how i kill turkeys with duck hunting camo on.

Does it matter, or are they dead before the relize your camo dont match?
Old 02-05-2009, 06:26 AM

Default RE: matching camo

Does NOT matter, in fact it may be better. Two different camo patterens will break it up a bit more. Just don't go to the fasion show with the guy at work.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I rarely if ever have matching camo. Doesn't matter to the critters, but I suppose they have no fashion sense.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Definately doesn't matter one bit. I know a few old timers that think it is critical NOT to have exactly the same pattern on top and bottom.

Just so long as your color tones are 'earthy' and you can hold still at the bottom of a fair sized tree to break up your outline you'll kill the snot out of turkeys. If you get profiled then it doesn't matter how good your camo is or how 'with-it' your fashion style is.... you'll get four sharp and gone.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

i puposely try not to match in most cases. for botoms i try to get a pattern for the ground. more leaves and color variation. and for the top a little more open. The main thing to remember with turkey is try to move as little as possible.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

it doesn't matter at all.

tell your friend to take is camo to the cleaners to get pressed
Old 02-05-2009, 03:13 PM
Typical Buck

I have never had matching camo on and I kill a turkey almost every year.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:57 PM
Fork Horn

I've heard both sides and think it's a horse apiece. I went head-to-toe last year in the new Realtree APG and wasn't even spotted by the landowner as he walked by me within 10 feet to bring me out some Red Man he picked up for me. I used to use the old Advantage (leafy pattern) on my pants while sitting and original MO Break-up from the waist up.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

no
Old 02-05-2009, 11:14 PM

No you do not need camouflage at all just jeans and a green jacket. At our farm you can walk right up to them like 10-15 feet, they won't even know you're there until ya whistle at them or step on one. It is fun to hunt them if we do we use a .22 to the head.