Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Missouri Hunter Safety Question >

Missouri Hunter Safety Question

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Missouri Hunter Safety Question

Old 01-20-2009, 07:45 PM
Fork Horn

Default Missouri Hunter Safety Question

Anyone have any suggestions on this one;

I want to hunt MO this year, thier website states that anyone born AFTER Jan. 1st 1967 must show proof (enter a number into the online license purchasing system) that they have passed a certified program either from MO or another state. I was born in 1967 and took my test in PA when I was 10 years old(1977) 32 years ago. I'm sure they gave me a certificate at the time but it has no number on it (yes I still have it!). When I called the PA Game Commish to find out if they can issue me a number they state that they don't even have records of who passed thier hunters safety way back then (I'm getting old!). At any rate, do any of you have a suggestion for the best way to solve this delimma. Yes, one thought is to take another Hunters Safety program here in WI (where I now currently live) and get a modern day certification with a modern day number. Yes, I know that this probably wouldn't hurt to re-familiarize myself with the rules of safe hunting. But, I am hoping there is another way of getting around this. I've hunted 15 states so far and haven't run in to this one yet.

I'm thinking I'm not the first state jumper that is between 18-40 years old that has gone to MO to hunt recently. Just wondering how you dealt with this requirement.

Any help would be appreciated,

Old 01-20-2009, 07:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Missouri Hunter Safety Question

There's no turkeys here, go somewhere else[8D]
Seriously though, I think that calling the MDC would be your best bet. It may take a while to get an answer out of them, but I'd do it on a spare day you have. Good luck!
Old 01-21-2009, 03:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hootnscoot

Anyone have any suggestions on this one;

I want to hunt MO this year, thier website states that anyone born AFTER Jan. 1st 1967 must show proof (enter a number into the online license purchasing system) that they have passed a certified program either from MO or another state. I was born in 1967 and took my test in PA when I was 10 years old(1977) 32 years ago. I'm sure they gave me a certificate at the time but it has no number on it (yes I still have it!). When I called the PA Game Commish to find out if they can issue me a number they state that they don't even have records of who passed thier hunters safety way back then (I'm getting old!). At any rate, do any of you have a suggestion for the best way to solve this delimma. Yes, one thought is to take another Hunters Safety program here in WI (where I now currently live) and get a modern day certification with a modern day number. Yes, I know that this probably wouldn't hurt to re-familiarize myself with the rules of safe hunting. But, I am hoping there is another way of getting around this. I've hunted 15 states so far and haven't run in to this one yet.

I'm thinking I'm not the first state jumper that is between 18-40 years old that has gone to MO to hunt recently. Just wondering how you dealt with this requirement.

Any help would be appreciated,
Funny, I don't remember that question when I was there. I do however know you will run into it in other States aswell. KA I believe asks the same too.

How close are you to Ontario ? They run these seminars here at this time of year and they are recognized all across the USA and also gives you a jump to hunt Ontario (Just an idea)

Other then that you may be in a jam because of your date of birth and the regulation date...
Old 01-21-2009, 06:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

i'm guessing you are applying for turkey online.
Like rory said one thing would be to call the MDC.
or if you dont mind procrastinating it might be easier to just wait till you get to mo.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:12 AM
JW
Super Moderator

hoot

go here - some of the classes are within your means.

And I thought they had a CD ROM course with a one day hands on but I can't find it

You may want to call the DNR Service Center

https://hfwolf.centraltechnology.net/wdnr/laam.nsf/publicHSClasses?OpenForm&Seq=1

M - Monday, T - Tuesday, W - Wednesday, R - Thursday, F - Friday, Sa - Saturday, Su - Sunday

Class Type
County
City
Address /
Begins
Ends
Days & Time
Course
ID #
Click to Enroll

HUNTER
RACINE
ROCHESTER
MAIN STREET
Rochester Village Hall
SCOTT LANCOUR
(262) 248-6345
2/10/2009
3/5/2009
T R
7:00 PM

Class Notes:

HUNTER
RACINE
WINDLAKE
6419 HEG PARK RD
Town of Norway Town Hall
DAVID WOLFGRAM
(262) 895-2834
3/16/2009
3/26/2009
M W R
6:00 PM

Class Notes: Registration 3/9/2009 6pm to 7:30pm Bring your DNR Customer ID Number.

HUNTER
RACINE
WINDLAKE
6419 HEG PARK RD
Town of Norway Town Hall
DAVID WOLFGRAM
(262) 895-2834
8/10/2009
8/20/2009
M W R
6:00 PM

Class Notes: Registration 8/3/2009 6pm to 7:30pm. Bring your DNR Customer ID Number.

HUNTER
RACINE
FRANKSVILLE
2255 76TH ST
Raymond Town Hall
DAVID LECUS
(262) 412-5275
2/7/2009
2/28/2009
Sa
8:00 AM

JW
Old 01-21-2009, 09:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mohunter82

i'm guessing you are applying for turkey online.
Like rory said one thing would be to call the MDC.
or if you dont mind procrastinating it might be easier to just wait till you get to mo.
Waiting 'til you get here wouldn't be a bad idea either. If you do this make sure you're talking to someone who knows what they're talking about. So I'd suggest getting your tags from a reputable shop, not places like Walmart
Old 01-21-2009, 01:32 PM
Fork Horn

If you have the papers that prove you passed a hunters safety course, you should only need to show that. We have the same law here in Maryland. In Maryland you can show your previous years license as proof also.