Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

New Gear

Old 01-07-2009, 09:36 PM
Typical Buck

Default New Gear

Although traditionalists might scoff at the thought of using anything but army surplus woodland camo and an old creaky box call to turkey hunt, I believe that getting new gear and trying new stuff is part of the fun of turkey hunting. So I was wondering what, if anything, you guys are getting this year? Have your eye on a new gun or bow? new call? new camo? What are the big new products for 2009?

I know I'm definitely going to buy a new Boyd's thumbhole stock for my 870. I bought it as just a plain jane, wood stock and blue steel shotgun a couple years ago. Gradually I want to evolve it into a real cool, special purpose gobbler getter. So far I've put a new bushnell 1.5-4 turkey plex scope on it, and its at the gunsmith now for a trigger job. Anyways I was wondering if any of you had any new turkey stuff you were itching to get your hands on.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Gear

I started to change over my camo last year to Mossy Oak Obsession instead of their Break-Up pattern. There is much more green in this pattern, and during the spring season, I feel that it would blend much better too. That being said, I want to get a new Mossy Oak Elite vest in that camo pattern before this comming spring season.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

the one new thing i'm gonna get this year is a bigger bird than ive ever killed
Old 01-10-2009, 08:48 AM
Fork Horn

With what the ecomony is, don't expect to many companies investing to much in new products. What you will see more ofare companies going out of business. I know Knight & Hale have developed another turkey decoy for Carrylite called "The Peekaboo". I have not seen it yet but ANOTHER decoy? Wonder how many more decoys people need? What if anything you'll seeis an old product with a new dress on it and the claim "Greatest Since Slice Bread" or you'll hear "You will need thisor you won't be able to killa turkey".
Old 01-10-2009, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would love to get another Ithaca Turkeyslayer 20ga for the season.........just can't seem to find one.
Old 01-10-2009, 04:23 PM

i want every thingbut i guess i can't do that[:@][:@] this year for x-mas i got some dekes and a blind also for my b-day i got a slate call the one thing i would like is a new gun
Old 01-10-2009, 08:40 PM
Super Moderator

Well I think Im gonna buy a new Mossberg. Ive already got a new feeding hen decoy and mouth call. I might also buy a new blind.