Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Turkey blind

Old 01-01-2009, 06:31 PM
Fork Horn

Default Turkey blind

If you was going to buy a blind strickly to bowhunt turkey out of for a 2 week season, and it was gonna be a very large track of public land with a lot of walking, which blind would you choose and why? I'm looking at the Primos Vision, Amerstep (360), and the Double Bull 360. I like the look of the Primos blind, it is the lightest of the three at 17 lbs. Especially for less than $200 but I worry about the quality.

I will likely beusing the blind all day or most of the day because it is a long driveto where I'm going just to hunt a little in the mornings. I'm gonna take lunches and hunt, scout, roost some birds, walk several miles, etc. So I need a recommendation on a comfy seat also and the whole package should be light enough I can pack it around many miles.

What do you guys use as far as blinds and seats?
Old 01-01-2009, 08:08 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Turkey blind

I regularly carry an Ameristep Doghouse blind and a directors chair in my vest. The blind fits in the game bag, and the chairs slides in between the game bag and the vest seat cushion, supported by the straps that attach the seat cushion to the vest on the bottom, and on the sides by the straps that hold the seat cushion up when walking. I have carried it this way many times up to a mile into my hunting area, and then out again. Of course, when I kill aturkey, I have to sling it overmy shoulderto carry it out.
Since you are bowhunting, I would suggest one of Ameristeps archers chairs.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Cabelas pop up and I sit on the pad from my turkey vest. One less thing to carry and one less thing in the blind.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:17 PM
Typical Buck

Primo Predators Den Originally made by Big Game and called the Escapebut Primosbought them out and changed the name.I own three of them.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:06 PM
JW
Super Moderator

I put my blind, chair, gun. and decoys on my wheeled deer hauler. Last year only had one arm and a bad shoulder so I could not swing anything over my shoulder.

I found using my wheeled fold-up deer hauler was just the ticket and will not change this year. Was far too easy hauling it the distances I wanted to go.

I use a DB 360, and NWTF relcining padded chair inc case I want to take a nap.
For the money, the comfort, the hardiness and built to last p I chose the Double Bull. Have not been disapointed and it is going on its 5th or 6th year.

Is a good comfortable place to hide in bad or good weather and has taken a beating and is stil in fine shape.

JW
Old 01-02-2009, 08:48 AM
Fork Horn

There really isn't a blind out there that compares to the Double Bull Matrix. I can't imagine bowhunting out of anything else.
Old 01-02-2009, 06:59 PM
Fork Horn

Do you guys think a 360 blind would be an advantage over one with set windows? I kinda do especially for turkeys..

Old 01-02-2009, 08:27 PM
Typical Buck

Primos also puts out anotherblind calledthe Vision. It's the same as my other two blinds I mentioned above without the high cost of the other blind companythey bought out. I paid 149.00 at Dicks

http://primos.com/groundmax/
Old 01-03-2009, 07:42 PM
Fork Horn

I use the ameristep 360 to deer and turkey hunt out of itis perfect to get a shot of with a bow.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:01 PM
Fork Horn

I like the looks of the ameristep 360, I just can't seem to find one around here to look at. Thanks.