Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Henned Up in Tn

Old 04-05-2003, 06:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default Henned Up in Tn

Anyone having henned up or not broken up wiinter flocks in Tennessee so far this season? I hunted most of the week without getting a bird withing gun range. It did snow about 5 inches on Sunday which didn' t help matters any. The birds only gobble on the roost and maybe a time or two once they fly down. The only bird I' ve worked that was interested got bushwhacked by a hunter between me and the bird. Don' t know if he was there all along or just slipped in when i was working the bird but anyway he got a shot, not sure if he got the bird. Plenty of birds int he area, but just not working yet. I' ve seen one bunch in the fields that had one long beard, 3 jakes, and 3 hens in it??? Seems late to bunched like that. What do you guys think?
Old 04-05-2003, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Henned Up in Tn

Can' t help you in TN, but mine just went under female influence down here in MS, too! They' le gobble, but they ain' t leaving a sure thing. Give ' em about a week and a half and things should start to change for the better.
Old 04-05-2003, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Henned Up in Tn

Sorry to hear that Dennis, it is still early, that little blast of winter must of slowed them a bit aswell. Hows them strikers working, I recieved a little something today from ya , thanksd my friend you didn' t have to do that. Good Luck you get one yet my friend...BT