Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

[Deleted]

Old 01-22-2002, 09:06 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-22-2002, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who's added more turkey hunter's to the wood's

Good question TH!There's many but I'll beat Bosstom to the punch here and say Dick Kirby with Quakerboy.His video's have entertained many a turkey hunters for a lot of years.He also was one of the best turkey callers in the country and still is one of the best all around wildlife callers in the world!
Old 01-22-2002, 02:29 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-22-2002, 03:03 PM

Truth be known it is probably Rob Keck, I hate to admit and the NWTF. Those calls and stuff wouldn't mean much without the turkeys being abundant to hunt.

Ryan Tucker

Old 01-22-2002, 03:23 PM

Here is a good example of relocation efforts in North Carolina:

"The wild turkey population has increased from an estimated 2,000 birds in 1970 to an estimated 130,000 birds in 2000. Wild turkeys now exist in all 100 counties in the state and we have a spring gobbler season in 93 of those counties. The reported wild turkey harvest has increased from 144 birds in 1977, when mandatory reporting began, to 6,827 birds in 2000."

For more information visit www.ncwildlife.org.

Just thought y'all might be interested.
Old 01-22-2002, 04:32 PM
Typical Buck

..Knight&Hale gets my vote......

..JESUS IS COMING BACK BE READY...
Old 01-22-2002, 04:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

how are they adding hunters??? there educating with videos and helping by making calls...thats not really adding hunters in my view...thats like sayin o ya remington makes the most turkey guns(idk if they do or not im just saying) so they added the most...not really ppl that add hunters would be someone like my dad teaching me and introducing it to me...thats what i think..he only added one but his dad added him...and my great grandfather proly added my grandfather...and i will be sure to pass it on...thats just my view...

mauser06
Old 01-22-2002, 06:30 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-22-2002, 07:22 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-22-2002, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Guys maybe I misunderstood the question but I believe the entertainers of the sport have added more turkey hunters to the sport than they have turkeys!And isn't that the question here?Sure the DNR has been the catalyst for starting turkey populations all over the U.S,but I remember when turkey hunting was a mystery and nobody quite new how to hunt them,besides shootin em off the road or something in that fashion.Then came along the entertainers with there incredible video's and it wasn't to long till the woods were full of turkey hunters.Just have somebody you know that has never turkey hunted watch a good video and they'll be ready to go turkey huntin too!

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.