Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Something to look forward to or an afterthought? >

Something to look forward to or an afterthought?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Something to look forward to or an afterthought?

Old 10-02-2008, 04:02 PM

Default Something to look forward to or an afterthought?

I am really looking forward to opening day of fall turkey season and specifically going out to hunt turkeys. It seems like everyone else I talk to is just all hyped up on deer. Oh yeah, they will shoot a turkey if one comes by their stand, but they are not going out to hunt turkey.

Well I love turkey hunting. I love everything about it. So there.

So when does everyone's fall season start? Ohio's starts on October 11th which is one week from this Saturday (not that I'm counting or anything. )
Old 10-03-2008, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Something to look forward to or an afterthought?

I'm with ya bud, I love turkey hunting and everything about it! Ours starts Nov 22nd and goes until Jan 1st, I'm gonna be hunting bow only for the first half, maybe I'll connect. I am pumped about this deer season, but my excitement for next spring greatly outweighs bow season. There is nothing on earth like spring turkeys, nothing.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:11 AM
Fork Horn

Michigan---Oct 6th - Nov 14th
Old 10-03-2008, 11:03 AM
Typical Buck

NY starts Oct 18th hunting in Allegheny County.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: drdi

I am really looking forward to opening day of fall turkey season and specifically going out to hunt turkeys. It seems like everyone else I talk to is just all hyped up on deer. Oh yeah, they will shoot a turkey if one comes by their stand, but they are not going out to hunt turkey.

Well I love turkey hunting. I love everything about it. So there.

So when does everyone's fall season start? Ohio's starts on October 11th which is one week from this Saturday (not that I'm counting or anything. )
No Fall season in LA. Even if there was, I probably wouldn't hunt them. Don't get me wrong, I love turkey hunting. It has become my number one passion, but Fall and Spring turkey hunting are like night and day. To me, the best part of turkey hunting is working the gobbler and listening to the birds gobble. I know they sometimes gobble in the Fall, but it's for different reasons and far less common. You can't work a longbeard in the Fall like you do in the Spring. There is nothing like Spring turkey hunting.To me,fall and Winter is deer and duck time, not turkey time.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:06 PM
Typical Buck

NY fall turkey season opened October 1st in my area. But I must admit I look at fall turkey season as something to keep me occupied until its bow season
Old 10-06-2008, 07:31 PM
Fork Horn

We hunt them like a second religion, spring & fall
Old 10-07-2008, 05:35 AM

5 more days!

I went out for a little squirrel hunting last night. Cut through a corn field and ran into a hen/poult group milling around. Didn't flush them. They just slowly wandered off and so did I.

Then I went to change the card in my trail cam. As I crossed the fenceline out of the corn and into the soybeans, there stood a mature gobbler and one of last year's jakes not 20 yards away. We all just stared at each other for a little bit before the turkeys decided they better scurry into the woods. Could of shot either one easily.

So in 5 days, I'm sure all the turkeys will be in their burrows hibernating and I won't see a one. LOL!