HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Something to look forward to or an afterthought?
Old 10-03-2008, 11:09 AM
superstrutter
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Something to look forward to or an afterthought?

ORIGINAL: drdi

I am really looking forward to opening day of fall turkey season and specifically going out to hunt turkeys. It seems like everyone else I talk to is just all hyped up on deer. Oh yeah, they will shoot a turkey if one comes by their stand, but they are not going out to hunt turkey.

Well I love turkey hunting. I love everything about it. So there.

So when does everyone's fall season start? Ohio's starts on October 11th which is one week from this Saturday (not that I'm counting or anything. )
No Fall season in LA. Even if there was, I probably wouldn't hunt them. Don't get me wrong, I love turkey hunting. It has become my number one passion, but Fall and Spring turkey hunting are like night and day. To me, the best part of turkey hunting is working the gobbler and listening to the birds gobble. I know they sometimes gobble in the Fall, but it's for different reasons and far less common. You can't work a longbeard in the Fall like you do in the Spring. There is nothing like Spring turkey hunting.To me,fall and Winter is deer and duck time, not turkey time.