Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 would you guys please help me with this and ease my mind >

would you guys please help me with this and ease my mind

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

would you guys please help me with this and ease my mind

Old 03-03-2003, 03:41 PM
Fork Horn

Default would you guys please help me with this and ease my mind

my friend made a feeder for the deer and turkey and the can had grease and oil in it so he washed it out with paint thinner and let it set a couple of days and now has hung it up and did not wash it out with water or nothing and i know there was some small metal shavings in it probably alot but with not washing it would this not hurt the turkey or maybe kill them with the residue and what about the metal shavings they are so small its like dust of metal what is your guys opinions on this cause he just hung it today and if this would create a problem i' m going to remove it tomarrow morning but if it won' t hurt i' ll just leave it.
Old 03-03-2003, 03:53 PM

Default RE: would you guys please help me with this and ease my mind

i guess if it were me id clean it out best i could or better yet use something like a pickel bucket you can get those from a resturant. i dont think id take a chance on making a bunch of critters sick, specialy if you are gonna eat them yourself. just my .02
Old 03-03-2003, 03:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I doubt it' ll hurt the turkey, but just to make sure, i' d clean it out. Turkeys are a hardy bird, but still can be poisoned. The fine metal shavings shouldn' t hurt the bird.
Old 03-03-2003, 04:56 PM

feeding turkeys is not a good idea ( especially corn) cause in my state .. wildlife biologist say that the feed can mold and in fact kill turkeys plus where a lot of turkeys congragate they spread deieses to each othe more than they normally would.............my opinion i would take it down a greeasy old oily metal shaving filled bucket does not seem like a good idea to me not to mention u put paint thiner in it too!!! would u eat out of it??? that is just my opinion no offence intended