Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Blind ?

Old 05-13-2008, 10:11 AM
Typical Buck

Default Blind ?

How long ahead of the season do you guys put ur blinds out?

Old 05-13-2008, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Blind ?

I put mine out a little ahead of time just because I don't want to spook them in the morning with the noise of setting up the tent. Turkeys really aren't bother by tents. People put them in a middle of a field and turkeys don't mind. Deer on the other hand are pretty spooky around tents. I had 2 deer stomping and snorting at my tent Sat afternoon.
Old 05-13-2008, 10:39 AM
Fork Horn

if you are talking about turkeys then i usualy set them up and hunt in them right away. if anything i set them up the day before so all we have to do is walk in and all our equipment is waiting on us. i agree with "npokat32" deer are a little different, they are smarter about these things. young deer and some does don't mind it but more often than not they will get nervious. if you hide the blind in the bushes then it doesn't matter what you are hunting they won't have a clue.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Most all of my "blinds" have been growing for the past 60 years or so.

Nice, big, wide trees.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I also was not born when my favorite blinds were put up.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:57 PM
Typical Buck

That morning when I pop it up. Had one tom actually graze my blind as it went in to my B-Mobile. Didn't care at all.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

That morning when I pop it up. Had one tom actually graze my blind as it went in to my B-Mobile. Didn't care at all.
Should have reached out and grabbed him. Thats what a real hunter would have done.
Old 05-15-2008, 02:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

On many hunts we pop up our Double Bull blinds the same morning we hunt an area. Rarely do I set up and leave our blinds more than a day or two ahead of a hunt. Birds don't seem to mind at all.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

I leave mine out as long as i can throughout the year, the deer and turkeys adjust real quick.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Usually within a week. Now I have one of those chair blinds, soI have the ability to bring it with me and set it up in less than a minute if i wanted to.

Quick Reply: Blind ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.