Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 What's the different with Bating with a Food Plot and 50# of Corn? >

What's the different with Bating with a Food Plot and 50# of Corn?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

What's the different with Bating with a Food Plot and 50# of Corn?

Old 05-07-2008, 08:55 AM
Typical Buck

Default What's the different with Bating with a Food Plot and 50# of Corn?

This year is just crazy, we are not seeing any turkeys, their no coming to the fields. Gobble maybe 15 Min. and will not answer a call, but will answer a Gobble Call. I fed 15 Gobblers and not a one has set his foot on my place[:@]The Dog Woods are still in Bloom. Normaly they would be falling off. Not even seeing any Hens, or Hearing the Hens. That should be a good sign. What's UP?

TF
Old 05-07-2008, 09:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: What's the different with Bating with a Food Plot and 50# of Corn?

Got the same thing going on in NY last couple days birds have stopped gobbling right of the roost.

I don't bait, wouldn't if it was legal so I can't answer your question. I'd say sq footage however.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:47 AM
Fork Horn

Same thing is going on here in PA. Did hear my first bird today in 5 days of hunting, but he only gobbled 4 times.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

The last week including today, the same here in Northwestern NJ. They gobble on roost, then by 5:50am and 6:00am they just shut up. I have no idea what is going on. We have seen some hens alone, no gobblers with them.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:47 PM

2day was the only day they stopped gobbling after flydown. it was weird because normally ther going crazy once they hit the ground around here.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

They just started gobbling throughout the day again here in VA. So for y'all slightly north of me, they are probably still henned up, as everything seems to happen in two week waves from south to north. They are roosting near hens, flying down to or with hens, and staying with hens all day.

When the hens stop breeding and start sitting here in another week or two for yall, things will pick back up again.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:34 AM
Typical Buck

SwampCollie,

I take it you are in the eastern shore area. Im about 40 minutes west of Richmond and hunt in rural areas like Louisa and westen hanover counties. The first week I couldnt figure out where to set up my blind because they were surrounding me every morning gobbling. I had one shot at one and missed, he stopped at 50 yrds and looked as if he was changing directions.

Since I went to the Race Saturday, I missed my first morning of turkey hunting since season began. I was out Monday-today and didnt hear nor see a single bird. Now our seasons are from sunup to sundown Im thinking of setting up near their roosting areas about 5 or 6 oclock.

I cant believe I havent even gotten a response to a gobble, hen yelp, etc. They must have all been getting them some!