Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Another Wi. Gobbler Down >

Another Wi. Gobbler Down

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Another Wi. Gobbler Down

Old 05-05-2008, 12:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Another Wi. Gobbler Down

I went out Saturday morning and made my way through the rain, muck and mud to my blind behind our farm. Climbed in my blind and waited untill it was time for the birds to fly out of the roost. I started calling with a few puts and soft purs and immediately got a response. I figured he was probably 100-150 yards to the north west of me in the woods. My blind sets up in the back corner of 40 acres along a fence line and woodline. I waited 5 minutes and called again, heanswered right back. Waited a few more minutes and he gobbled one more time, hes coming in. I waited 8 minutes or so before calling again and he never answered. I figured he hened up on me.10 minutes later I have a big hen come out of the woods and into the field. She had no care in world, she even walked right up to the blind and took a peek inside. She milled around the corner where my blind was setup for 20 minutes, once in a while looking into the woods, when she looked, I looked. Nothing. As i was watching her again she looked back again, I gave a few puts as I was watching her. I turned to take a look and from 8-10 yards away from me I see a red head looking at me. I drop my call pick the Wichester Black Shadow off my lap stick the barell out the window and let him have it. Not my biggest bird but with the way things were going I couldnt pass him up.

21lbs
10 inch beard
1/2 inch spurs (worn down from ice)

Old 05-05-2008, 04:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Another Wi. Gobbler Down

way to go
Old 05-06-2008, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Another Wi. Gobbler Down

congrats tony