Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Iowa Season Opens Tomorrow... >

Iowa Season Opens Tomorrow...

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Iowa Season Opens Tomorrow...

Old 04-13-2008, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Iowa Season Opens Tomorrow...

and I've been out scoping them out and locating their roosts for a couple of weeks now. I have 1300 acres to hunt and every time I see the Toms out milling about my blood pressure goes up with anticipation. Last week I did some calling just to see what came about and much to my amazement in 30 minutes called in 14 Toms in different locations. Now all I have to do is go out tonight and watch them go to roost one more time in preparation for tomorrow's opening. I have a feeling that today is going to drag by very very slowly. If I can bag one tomorrow, it will be my first turkey.

I started hunting turkey last year and I foo-foo'd big time! A friend of mine called a Tom in to 20' away and when I went to take him, I forgot to take my safety off! That Tom busted me so fast I didn't stand a chance. I guess that's wwhy they call it hunting and not harvesting.

Good luck to all!

Old 04-13-2008, 10:21 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Iowa Season Opens Tomorrow...

Best of luck.... sounds like you've done your homework! I drew a tag for 4th season in unit 4..... I'll be hunting out in Taylor county beginning may 1st.