Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PA fall turkey season opens tomorrow >

PA fall turkey season opens tomorrow

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA fall turkey season opens tomorrow

Old 10-28-2005, 07:49 PM
Typical Buck

Default PA fall turkey season opens tomorrow

anyone going out? im ready to put the bow away and pick up the gun and go turkey hunting.
Old 10-28-2005, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PA fall turkey season opens tomorrow

I'll be out with bow in hand. Going after another deer for the freezer but if a turkey walks by I'll take the shot.
Old 10-29-2005, 12:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

yep im pumped........2am now.....615 ill be up.....less then 4 hrs of sleep......and ill probably be chasin birds of one species or another till i pass out.......or the sun sets........im pumped......trucks all packed except for the guns...man going from turkey hunting to small game hunting can really fill a SUV quick!...i remember doing it out of my little plymouth duster...that thing was PACKED! lol......love it....im pumped for tomarow....got a new choke and loads for my gun...undertake HS tube...1 1/2oz of HS #6 rem high velocity loads...187 pellets on a sheet of computer paper at 30yds....im pumped......birds roosting in the SAME exzact tree as the spring.....up on an oak ridge.....thickets behind them and to the right...ravine and a hillside infront of them and a pasture....woods fields and pastures to the left of them...woods loaded with oaks.....niccccccccce oak flat...they flew down on the oak ridge and fed to the left to the fields and through the pastures....or across the ravine into the small patch of woods and pasture.....i got my buddy to set up across the ravine on the edge of the field....and ill take the hike and sneak up to the roost site and sit under them to the left.....they do what they normally did and they are doomed.......and the last week of spring with full leaves i could see them fly down any direction they went from the spot i will be........so if they do something out of the blue i should see them as long as they are in the same tree as normal..and can get after them....bust the flock in the direction of my buddy....or if they fly to him..he shoots and they fly back up to me.....man i got it all planned out......when i got it all planned out it NEVER works out........i hope lucks on my side tomarow....i think itll be my buddys first bird....i told him id kill mine early in the spring and take him the rest of the season...but i didnt tag mine in the spring! lol......i hunted THAT SAME SPOT...hunting one HUGE boss tom......HUGE bird....couple close calls but he always beat me..........or the hens beat me......tomarow ill settle for a hen...just for one less hen in that little patch next spring.....theres serious 30 some birds or so on a little...maybe 30acre farm....maybe 5-10 acres of woods.....not much at all.....but they are there!.....imagine hunting them in the spring.....sure they split up and cross roads ect in the spring....but last fall there was atleast 30 in the flock....cant wait for the morning....and i got a 2nd spot lined up.....and then we will pheasant/small game/turkey hunt after that.........good luck guys
Old 10-29-2005, 09:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

Working today but I'll be taking my noon breaks from the treestand to stick me an Eastern....hope to have my first with a bow, I'm off the next two weeks....yes.
Old 10-29-2005, 01:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

Why cant I get excited about turkey hunting ?????? maybe because I was raised on a farm and had some,or maybe because all the turkeys I see here in S.E Pa are walking around my yard like pets ????????? I dont know just never got me going
Old 10-29-2005, 08:57 PM
Typical Buck

well cardeer that sucks you cant get into it. i feel its one of the best things to hunt. andI feelPA has some of the best turkey hunting around.

well i didnt score on one today but i had a bear follow me this morning in the dark while walking in.. that is just nuts, he was a big one to.. i heard something behind me and i turned around put my light on and about 15feet away was a bear, my heart about jumped outta me.. all i know is i hada 3 1/2"mag shell in my gun fast after is saw him.. well that makes the 4th bear ive seen since bow season started. my dad saw 3 different ones the other day in one day.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I went out with bow in hand, but I should have had my shotgun[:@] About first light I hear a hunter calling on the other side of the mountain, and he's getting responses from about 5 different birds. Then all of a sudden, 15 turkey's flew down from the ridge and landed right behind me, but they were on the run when they landed. I quick turned around, and drew my bow, but they were already out of range and not coming back...oh well that what hunting is about.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:48 AM

what tags do i need to kill a turkey the the one on the licences i see them all the time while hunting
Old 10-31-2005, 11:33 AM
Typical Buck

GREEK,
YEA USE THE ONE ON YOUR LICENSE BUT MAKE SURE YOU USE THE ONE THAT SAYS FALL TURKEY AND YOU DONT USE THE ONE THAT IS FOR SPRING GOBBLER
Old 10-31-2005, 06:58 PM

well, i went out saturday w/ my friend, girlfriend, and dad. we headed up to the "big woods". my gf and friend went down over the hill, and we went up on top. soon, after a little calling, 5 birds stood in front of them. my gf got turkey shock and just sat there saying "turkeys" over and over again. they walked off and 15 min later a hen came blasting up through the woods. that one i screwed up by breaking out my slate call. that was all the turkey action we had all day. only other thing i saw was a squirrel. that i shot at and missed ( it was 60yds out.)

Quick Reply: PA fall turkey season opens tomorrow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.