Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Turkey in Tennesee

Old 04-03-2008, 11:03 PM

Default Turkey in Tennesee

Looking for someone to put me on a gobbler in TN, trying to hunt a bird in all 50 states and wanted to do TN this spring, Contact me at [email protected] Thanks.

Old 04-04-2008, 11:15 AM

Default RE: Turkey in Tennesee

50 states? No turkeys in Alaska. I've been hunting turkeys in all 49 and have killed turkeys in half of them.
Old 04-04-2008, 11:33 AM

My Mistake, nothing gets by you guys Huh? By the way, been hunting turkeys in 49 states and killed birds in half of them, What Happened??

I have been in half of them and killed birds in all, including Mexico and New Zealand. Thanks.

Old 04-04-2008, 04:51 PM

I wasn't being rude...just telling the facts. Yeah, I've hunted in most of the states and have killed turks in half of them. Some I was filming and the others I was calling. Each spring I hit at least 6-7 states. I've been to New Zealand, but haven't hunted it. Where did you hunt in New Zealand? I went there while I was in school for a student ambassador program. Awesome country and has some great land for hunting. I loved Rotorua the most for the fishing. What states have you killed turkeys in? Sounds like you got the time I've got. Love to hook up if you're seeking places I've hunted and you haven't. I primarily hunt public grounds only. If you're going to try Tennessee it really depends on what side of the state you're going to hunt. The western side is primarily rolling hills and has some great wmas, whereas the eastern side is made up by the Appalachians. I've hunted the western side near Nashville. Best spot I found was Cheatam wma. I killed two birds during the first hunt on this wma last year. It surely is a great little spot. Also, I hunted Fort Campbell same week and killed two birds there. I was military then and could call inbefore the rest of the public and it was still tough to get your designated spot. Really haven't hunted the eastern side. I was looking at Big South Fork for this upcoming week, but really haven't gotten any feedback. I leave next week for a two week hunt out west. Good luck and have a safe season.

David E.
Knight and Hale prostaff
Old 04-08-2008, 11:02 AM

Hey no problem, we hunted on the South Island, flew into Christchurch, hunted Red Stag, Fallow Deer, and Tahr, great hunt, area and people.

I need to find someone that can and will travel to hunt turkey. I have hunted all 6 species a few times and had a friend that was into the hunting in as many states as we can but job, and wife have started to wear on him. I have to find someone that doesn't have a wife that has issues with the time and money spent on this adventure, tired of hearing about it, so I have lost my buddy who started this with me. I now travel, camp and hunt by my self. I do pay hunts and have clients that come, but the hutning outside of the state and the traveling for the most part is for myself and no one wnats to or will do it. Do you know of an area on Fort Campbell that is better than another? Is the Cheatam are a draw or can anyone hunt it?