Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Public land..... Slobs

Old 04-02-2008, 05:24 PM

Default RE: Public land..... Slobs

I must be lucky.Our slobs dont get out of the truck,they just ride around with the window down.As far as the statement about arriving late,Thats what I like to do.Killed a nice Tom this morning at stop number 5,at 9am.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:44 AM
Fork Horn

What is so comical about the people defending thier inconsiderate actions is that they actually realize what they are doing but does not care about how it is impacting their fellow hunters, because it is "Their rights" The answer is very simple, just try to be more considerate of other hunters. Don't move in on someone else, don't try and cut off a turkey going to another hunter, don't mess anothers day up if at all possible.I am so upset about inconsiderate hunters is because I have encountered several a couple of weeks ago. I was in campspeaking with other huntersabout the next day's hunt. I told them where I was going so as to not have other hunters on top of me and for safety concerns. They said they were going some other place. Got into the woods 30-45 minutes before beginning of light. Right at sunrise, these same guys started walking through my decoy setup knowing I was there waved and setup 50-75 yards all around me. There were 4 hunters. And they must have thought they were the best callers in the world because they would not stop calling for over 2 hours. Obviously my day was ruined. We have all got storys similiar to this, just be more courteous of other hunters is all that I ask.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: millerhunter13

ORIGINAL: kingvjack

ORIGINAL: dog killer

it's a free country and not everyone starts out hunting
knowing everything there is to know. i prolly pissed alot of people off but i'm not about to stay home.the only way to learn is to do it. and please don't confuse SLOB with inexperienced !
Here's some experience talking then...
If you have an area you've never scouted, and I'm parked there, and you walk in on my setup... Not only have you made the area dramatically unsafe but you've just screwed us both out of a good morning...
Go somewhere else. sure its public, but don't get shot by some dumbass believing that its gonna be ok to walk in.
Now you never said anything about a person parkin by ur truck and walking past it, that is stuipid but just because a person is late or something dosnt make them a slob.
Yes, It does....
Old 04-03-2008, 09:20 AM

I have had run in with these @%$#@&%@ also!

I had a couple DRIVE through my DECOYS! they came up over a hill on a road they shouldn't have been on.

Saw a guy shoot a Hen out of a TREE! I had a young hunter with me, not the kind of thing they need to LEARN!

Had a hunter walk right to my decoys as I was calling to a tom and he was responding.
Had two hunters come right to my set up as I called a big tom in he had it seamed a 10 inch beard but I will never know! @*&%#@*

Finally had a @*^&#@% Shoot my Jake decoy!
I have a place now that these @&%$#*@ haven't found yet!

All this happened on Fort Carson! It's a great place for turkey, a lot of red tape, and I think half of the @*&$%#*% in Colorado gothere! If you hunt it BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-03-2008, 10:01 AM

ORIGINAL: FlywayControl

I must be lucky.Our slobs dont get out of the truck,they just ride around with the window down.As far as the statement about arriving late,Thats what I like to do.Killed a nice Tom this morning at stop number 5,at 9am.
Stop #5....Sounds more like "Road Patrol" Than "Flyway Control??"

__________________________________________________ __________

I like many other serious turkey hunters put a lot of time, money, scouting, loss of sleep and dedicated effort with the hopes of an opportunity to get a nice gobbler into position.

"Hunters" who do not put in the asserted effort, are inconsiderate, use poor hunting methods, get overaggressive, and run interference should not be surprised their actions upset those who have done their home work....and much less try to defend their actions????

Come-on give us serious hunters the change to mess up on our own......
Old 04-03-2008, 11:19 AM

A bunch of you folks must be showing up with a sleeping bag at your hunting spot the night before because if you aint then no matter how early you get there you may be interuping some else that got there even earlier and now you are the slob.Folks should think about stuff like that before they go calling folks names. If yuo dont own the land then you can just stuff your complants in your old clay pipe and smoke it. I walked in on a sport at 5am one morning and had some fella cussing me for walking thru his spot. i kicked one of his decoys about 50 feet and told him that he better show me a deed saying i was on his land or shut up andmind his own beeswax sinct we was on public land and he best be curtious. he got real damn curtious real quick and i think that he shot at a turkey and missed about sunrise.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:52 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: DLBuxton

I walked in on a sport at 5am one morning and had some fella cussing me for walking thru his spot. i kicked one of his decoys about 50 feet and told him that he better show me a deed saying i was on his land or shut up andmind his own beeswax sinct we was on public land and he best be curtious.
You are exactly the type of person this post is about. You kicked another guy's decoy? Amazing. Aside from beinga complete jacka** thing to do, that's a good way to start a serious fight or worse. I would never start a fight in the woods knowing both parties haveturkey-loaded shotguns.

And by the way, I have never heard of anyone complining about other hunters arriving too early in the morning.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:19 PM
Fork Horn

I see this threadgoing south in big hurry!
It was already pointed in that direction!

Old 04-03-2008, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's never happened to me, but if I wakked in on someones decoy spread i would feel terrible, backout the way i came and give him a wide berth. If I met him later in the parking area i'd apologize (even though it was not on purpose). It's really a matter of courtesy.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DLBuxton

A bunch of you folks must be showing up with a sleeping bag at your hunting spot the night before because if you aint then no matter how early you get there you may be interuping some else that got there even earlier and now you are the slob.Folks should think about stuff like that before they go calling folks names. If yuo dont own the land then you can just stuff your complants in your old clay pipe and smoke it. I walked in on a sport at 5am one morning and had some fella cussing me for walking thru his spot. i kicked one of his decoys about 50 feet and told him that he better show me a deed saying i was on his land or shut up andmind his own beeswax sinct we was on public land and he best be curtious. he got real damn curtious real quick and i think that he shot at a turkey and missed about sunrise.
Hoe would you feel if the roles were reversed and someone walked in on you and kicked over your decoy?

Quick Reply: Public land..... Slobs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.