Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 turkey hunter killed this morning. >

turkey hunter killed this morning.

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

turkey hunter killed this morning.

Old 03-22-2008, 12:12 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: turkey hunter killed this morning.

That is very sad. It sickens me. To think that could be one of us someday. We just cant stress safety enough.
Old 03-22-2008, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: strutnbuck

Yeah, that is pretty sad! While it may be an accident, there should be some way to penalize the man, like loosing hunting rights for a while and taking some kind of saftey course. But it's pretty pathetic if you ask me! Here's a different link to the story.

http://www.local6.com/news/15667578/detail.html
Loosing his hunting rights for a while? He should lose his hunting rights for the rest of his life. There is no excuse for what he did. He is just one ignorant indvidual. I can't stand to hear stories of an idiot mistaking a hunter for game. There is just no excuse for this. People like this don't deserve to hunt.[:@]
Old 03-22-2008, 07:34 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: strutnbuck

Yeah, that is pretty sad! While it may be an accident, there should be some way to penalize the man, like loosing hunting rights for a while and taking some kind of saftey course. But it's pretty pathetic if you ask me! Here's a different link to the story.

http://www.local6.com/news/15667578/detail.html
They call in involuntary manslaughter!!

He should lose more than just hunting rights, if found guilty.
Old 03-22-2008, 07:48 PM
Typical Buck

They both must have been Dude Hunters. The guy was in a Tree? And the hunter shooting at a flying bird. Is it Gobblers ONLY in FL? This story just don't make sence to me.

If the Hunter is any kind of person he will never want to hunt again. After killing someone. Even wonding someone would be tragic.

Sad, very sad, so un-called for, however, we are humans. You can't be to safe!

TF
Old 03-22-2008, 08:06 PM
Typical Buck

On Good Friday, too. That's the day the church remembers Jesus' death. I don't think I'll ever go to a Good Friday Service where I don't remember this tragic event. Senseless. Shameful. Depressing.The shooter and his boy need prayers, but so does the mother and the family of the victim. Why not everyone reading this thread stop and offer a prayer for all those involved...?

Old 03-22-2008, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sad story - just senseless...
Old 03-23-2008, 06:35 AM

My deepest sympathy & prayers to all parties.

But this should not happen, if one positively identifies the beard and checks the background before releasing the safety....

Does MO. still require hunters to place an issued "Be careful" sticker be put on the gun for viewing near the sight plane?

I still have mine on my gun from a few years ago??
Old 03-23-2008, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Dr Andy

Never shoot until your intended target is visible and identified, rule #1 of hunter safety is always point your gun in a "safe" direction i.e. at a gobblers head/neck! Be safe my friends!
Its so stupid thatpeople don't identify their target before they shoot.
About 40 miles from where I live a man and his dog was killed last year by a deer hunter. In Carrol county Illinois
Old 03-23-2008, 06:57 PM

The way the storynow readsmakes me wonder if the shooter shot at a decoy and hit the victim in the process. Regardless---positive ID is paramount!!

One late evening I was hunting with a friend. We split up and went to two different fields about 150 yards apart to see if we couldn't catch a bird going to roost. After an hour or so I noticed something bright red to my right through some brush about 45-50 yards away on the egde of my field. My heart started pounding because I thought for surea gobbler was coming into the field toward my decoys.

I eased my binoculars up and looked through the brush. The red ended up beingthe face of my friend as the late evening sun hit it. If I had have been quick on the trigger and not made a complete positive ID hecould have gotten a face full.

I going out in the moring to call for a friend and his young son. I now have some concernced setting up a strutting decoy in an area that I am unfamiliar with.

BE CAREFUL---BE REAL CAREFUL!!!
Old 03-24-2008, 08:29 AM
Typical Buck

Everybody be safe !!! Evverybodys has my prayers

Quick Reply: turkey hunter killed this morning.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.