Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Cabelas Tactical Tat'r

Old 03-14-2008, 07:23 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Default Cabelas Tactical Tat'r

Anyone used this vest? I'm not going to be able to getto Cabelas to look at them. My main concern is the size of the game bag. Some of the reviews I've read say that there isn't room for a decoy and if you get one stuffedin it you have to remove the vest to get it out. If a dead turkey will fit I can't imagine a decoy won't?

Old 03-14-2008, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cabelas Tactical Tat'r

I have this vest and like it alot. The game bag is definitely big enough for a foam decoy but to get to anything in the pack you'll have to take the vest off if you don't have help from someone else. The only "problem" with this vest is that it has so many pockets and places to store stuff I end up carrying more stuff than I need and end up sounding like a Ranger Battalion walking through the woods!
Old 03-14-2008, 08:01 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Thanks. By pack do you mean that pouch that is on the back? Can you get the decoy back in the bag with the vest on? That isn't as important to me as getting it out.
Old 03-15-2008, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ah! I just looked at it on Cabelas and we're not talking about the same vest. I read the reviews about the vest and I believe some other people had issues with the pouch/decoys as well. You may want to read them. To me, it sounds as if a decoy would be difficult to use with this vest.

Here's one review:

"The storage pockets, comfort, and seat on this vest are awesome to say the least. I would have rated it higher, but cannot because of the gamebag. The removable gamebag is fine if you only use it for your kill. If you like packing decoys with you, this vest is a problem. You cannot hide the orange, even if you turn the orange part inside, it still shows. The only way to fully hide the orange is to put the gamebag back into it's pocket. The extra pouch on the back will hold one average size decoy, but is virtually impossible to get a decoy in and out of it without taking the vest off. With a better gamebag setup, and concealable orange flaps, it would be the vest of your dreams. This one doesn't work for me."

With that said, it sounds like you may want either the Super Tat'r, or the one I have, the Max Tat'r. I have so much room in my pack for a decoy it isn't funny. If you don't like thecall centers that attach to your legsthey can be removed very easily. Take a look at the Max Tat'r. It costs the same as the Tacticaland it has more features I believe.