Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 What is your Favorite Box CALL ? >

What is your Favorite Box CALL ?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

What is your Favorite Box CALL ?

Old 03-12-2008, 02:52 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Default RE: What is your Favorite Box CALL ?

Well I had a go to favorite - now it is the Box I just got from MrGobbler43 here - a walnut lid, sycamore body and that call runs oh so perfect!

All for $22.50 - can't breat it!

It will become my go to call very soon - I know it is going to drive Mr Tom absolutley bonkers!

JW
Old 03-12-2008, 04:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

oh you can never go wrong with the lynchs box call
Old 03-16-2008, 08:32 PM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

The hurricane by Quaker Boy. The late Wayne Gendron, he worked for Quaker Boy, gave it to me. She is loud and the toms love it.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

My favorite is a Lil Hedge Hen from River Valley. Butternut box and osage orange wood paddle. Very smooth call.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Quaker Boy Hurricane is what i use. It's the best call that i have for windy days.
Old 03-21-2008, 05:34 PM
Fork Horn

I have a hurricane and I hate it. I must have a lemon.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:14 PM
Spike

I really didn't think there was a great difference between most box calls (custom vs. commercial), until I received myAlbert Paul call - best I've ever owned. I got to meet Albert at this year's NWFT convention in Atlanta - a very nice man.
Old 03-22-2008, 08:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've met Mr Paul several times at shows in the area -- couldn't ask for a nicer fellow. I'd give just about anything for one of his boxes, but I'd be afraid to take it to the woods. Its because of this fact and him, that I started making my own boxes. After building about 100 of them, I finally had my bearings and dimensions down and started consistently producing calls that sounded the way I want them to. I got to where I really enjoy building these things and experimenting with different wood combinations and started giving some away as gifts for friends. It wasn't long before folks started comming to me for boxes and I started selling a few to help with the expense of wood and tools. Now my shop and tools are paid for, I have wood on my shelves and more boxes than I know what to do with. I can introduce a tom to a new hen every day of the season! I don't have a favorite -- just some that I like more than others. Whichever one keeps him gobbling and coming is my favorite of the day!

If you're looking for a commercially produced call, the Lynch foolproof is as good as you'll get IF you can find one. The Jenkins family, who owned the Lynch brand, has parted with the corporation who bought the Lunch name over a labor dispute, and are producing more "on demand" custom calls on their own. There are some still around. I've carried one for close to 25 years, now. Its staying at home now until I kill one over one of my own boxes. Seems everybody else can kill birds with 'em but me.
Old 03-23-2008, 05:52 AM

On dry days I carry a box call, but only use it when I need the volume.

Use almost totally mouth calls....
Old 03-23-2008, 08:28 AM
Typical Buck

I love my box call i use the quaker boy hurricane im realtivly new to turkey hunting and its easy to use and has worked very well for me

Quick Reply: What is your Favorite Box CALL ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.