Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Cody calls

Old 02-13-2003, 11:47 AM

Default Cody calls

[:-]Am considering buying a cody friction call (slate). They have the cody2, woodsman and the all expensive cody world class. Is there considerable difference in the three besides price? Has anyone tried all three? I have only used 2 cheap friction calls in the past ($21 triple threat is the most expensive one, It sounds ok but i mostly bought it because it comes with two additional surfaces, plexi and alum.; the other one I have difficulty keeping it tuned. Cheapest Walmart slate that I bought 3 years ago) Any suggestions? Im kind of leaning towards the Woodsman slate. Its about midrange in price ($45) versus $125 for the World Class and $34 for the cody2. Does the world class sound that much better? Just so many calls out there. I just want something thats sounds good, is
consistant, and easy to tune.
Old 02-13-2003, 10:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cody calls

ben, I' ve been checking out those calls as well. Trying to decide between the slate or glass call!!
Old 02-14-2003, 04:17 AM

I have a World Class and a Cody II and they sound just alike,but keep in mind that i bought mine when thats all Cody was making.The reason i say that is
because i ' m not sure if he makes the Cody II the same as he did 6 or 8 years ago.
Old 02-14-2003, 08:03 AM

I own a Cody II slate and a Cody Envy Glass call and they both sound great bought the envy at wal-mart and the Cody II direct from Cody. Can' t go wrong with any of them. I would recommend buying one of their Bocote strikers, they really make the call sound super.
Old 02-14-2003, 08:53 AM

I just went to the HArrisbirg Sport Show yesterday and asked the guys at Cody the same question. The World Class Slate was bumped up to $125 because it was just voted the #1 call in some contest of 200 different calls and it is in such demand they could not keep up because they make one at a time. The Woodsman slate is made very similar and was voted # 2 in the same contest and that is only $50. I bought the CodyII slate a few years ago at the show and we played both the CodyII and Woodsman and there was not much of a difference. The codyII was a little raspier but over all I think the Woodsman sounded a liitle better. Will it make a difference in the woods? I don' t think so but that is a self preference judgement call on which one. My dad ended up getting the Woodsman slate yesterday at the show because I already had the Cody II slate. Both are great calls. I also have there World Class glass and there envy glass.
I met BOSSTOM at the show at the QuakerBoy booth. What a great guy. We talked for a good while and I ended up buying one of his strikers made out of his secret woods. Boy does that sound great on my Cody II!
Old 02-14-2003, 09:16 AM

I have the Cody II glass and slate calls. They sound great to me. I bought mine at PBS. My hunting buddy bought his Cody glass at Walmart. I assume it is the Envy? He lost his Cody II glass. He is not happy with the call he bought at Walmart. It just doesn' t sound as good as thr Cody II. I would go with the Cody II in glass and slate.
Old 02-14-2003, 11:01 AM

DThanks for the input. I went ahead and ordered the Cody Woodsman Slate.
I figured ya' ll saved me about $80 since i was very close to trying to order the
$125 World Class.
Im also going to order the Cody2 glass call.

I wish I had enough money to order one of ALL OF THEM.
Old 02-14-2003, 04:09 PM

benhuntin- i was just at the eastern sportsman show in PA and was at the coddy stand the demonstrater was using the woodsman call an wow!!! what a sound this call produces if the stand was' nt crowded i would have bought one myself