HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Cody calls
Thread: Cody calls
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2003, 08:53 AM
TURK4RF

Default RE: Cody calls

I just went to the HArrisbirg Sport Show yesterday and asked the guys at Cody the same question. The World Class Slate was bumped up to $125 because it was just voted the #1 call in some contest of 200 different calls and it is in such demand they could not keep up because they make one at a time. The Woodsman slate is made very similar and was voted # 2 in the same contest and that is only $50. I bought the CodyII slate a few years ago at the show and we played both the CodyII and Woodsman and there was not much of a difference. The codyII was a little raspier but over all I think the Woodsman sounded a liitle better. Will it make a difference in the woods? I don' t think so but that is a self preference judgement call on which one. My dad ended up getting the Woodsman slate yesterday at the show because I already had the Cody II slate. Both are great calls. I also have there World Class glass and there envy glass.
I met BOSSTOM at the show at the QuakerBoy booth. What a great guy. We talked for a good while and I ended up buying one of his strikers made out of his secret woods. Boy does that sound great on my Cody II!