Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 The usual turkey hunting scenario for me? >

The usual turkey hunting scenario for me?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

The usual turkey hunting scenario for me?

Old 02-10-2008, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The usual turkey hunting scenario for me?

ORIGINAL: FlywayControl

Turkeys usually make one big circle daily.Sounds like your farm is in the middle of the circle.Like said eariler,you cant hear a turkey that isnt there.
This could definately be a possiblity,but a few other things to consider.Look at how you approach your stretch of woods in listening for birds at daylight.Hopefully your not walking/driving right into a roost area blowing it up?Are you getting there early enough.First light inmo doesn't cut it,dark does?Are you listening from a decent listening point.Next to a creek,highway,down in a draw,bowl,canyon,really limits your ability to hear.So does flat brushy ground?Have you done your preseseaon scouting in not just hearing birds but finding physicalsign,droppings,feathers,tracks,and such?Finding such sign will give you a place to start.I would also make it point to check those trees you saw those birds roost in Nov.Check them midday,in looking for droppings and feathers under them,that way you dont have to ask us if they are roosting there or not.
Finally dont get discouraged because you did not hear a bird on the roost.Your doing a great thing by being patient in waiting it out to let them make the first move.It could be they might be traveling to your piece of ground later in roosting on the neigbors property and thats ok,because if you've done your homework before season you will know where abouts they cross onto your place where you will hopefully be..good luck...Bob