Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Turkmas eve

Old 01-29-2008, 07:32 PM
Super Moderator

Default Turkmas eve

Ok I know I have done this in the past but what do yas do on Turkmas eve. When Im home we always have a get together and deep fry a couple turkeys and party it up. We watch videos and break out the calls. It sure drives the wives nuts but thats ok. They yak and we talk turkey. But then again theres not a day go by that Im dont talk about turkeys. When Im on the road over in Missouri we always eat good drink lots of beer and talk turkeys...
Old 01-29-2008, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Turkmas eve

Have had the same clients for years with that I thoughrly enjoy catchin up on conversation and talkin about the yearsbig-game season.....plusof course whats in store for the AM:...........
Old 01-29-2008, 09:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Answered this before, but I will answer it again with the same response. Sit in a chair down the logging road with a sack of boiled crawfish and acouple ofcold brews just enjoying nature. Right before dark I'll give a few hoots to try and strike up a gobble. Walk back to the camp, get another cold one, and watch a turkey hunting video. Go to bed early enoughand get a good nights sleep.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:16 PM
Typical Buck

last year season opened on a Thursday. I had to work until 9:00 p.m. Then I went and slept in the jeep at the gate to some public land and waited on my 74 year old buddy to show up for the morning.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'll be sleeping in my truck in a parking area at LBJ National Grasslands. Its public land and I want to be the first one in.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:11 AM
JW
Super Moderator

At each camp - as I hunt several - we discuss what we found scouting and if we saw the bird - a devise a plan where each one of us will start and if we bust that set-up where we go next. This is as we are layin in the sack and It is what makes us 98% effective....