Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Turkmas eve

Old 01-11-2006, 07:04 PM
Super Moderator

Default Turkmas eve

Just curious to see if others get as pumped up as I do on on the night of before turkey season begins. I usually have a party celebrating another turkey season to begin. We always deep fry a turkey and pig out. People say Im too addicted to this sport. Anyone else do this type of thing?
Old 01-11-2006, 07:16 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Turkmas eve

well im out till dark scouting. then i get home triple check everything then go to bed and lay there for a very long time then i fall asleep then my alarm goes off about 10 min later..lol..
but i like your idea though sounds good
Old 01-11-2006, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I get super excited!! I dont have a party or anything but I go crazy getting last minute stuff prepared!! It is the most exciting night of the year for me!!
Old 01-11-2006, 09:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've guided the same clients for a quite a few years now on the opener!We always sit, talk turkey, and enjoy conversingour other exploits from the previous year!The huntin is alwaysgood but I do enjoy the comradre and seeing those faces again year after year!
Old 01-12-2006, 03:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

i'm a freak, i sleep in line at the check station, last yr. ma and my sister were the only ones, lol......but we were first out in the woods, lol.....and i cant reall say i slepp , i go there to sleep but it doesnt happen, maybe a minute here and there....
Old 01-12-2006, 07:36 AM

First off I just gotta say that I love the name of your thread "Turkmas Eve" That's great.

Last year was my first year back to turkey hunting in about 15 years. I am oficially addicted. Last year I scouted all day the day before the opener and that night I was home triple checking all my gear, driving my wife crazy calling, listening to music, and having a few adult beverages. I had a great time.

So I can't see where I would do anything differently this year.
Old 01-12-2006, 07:59 AM

Our family tradition is to be in the car traveling all night to arrive at the predetermined location in time for first gobble. It's a long way from my house to where we hunt the first day!

Hal

Old 01-12-2006, 06:58 PM

ORIGINAL: Arrowmaster

Anyone else do this type of thing?
Oh yeah!! But I usually don't wait until the night before the season to get pumped up.....it usually starts several weeks before season opens!
Old 02-21-2006, 09:08 AM

Dragging up a dead horse but...
Last year was my first year, blew it big time, but am thuroughly hooked on it now...In my office I have a Turkey countdown, my Palm pilot has the same. I already have the friday before (march 31st) at work set to be off so I can go and scout all day...
Old 02-21-2006, 10:49 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Got my blind set-up in front of the big screen practicing callin' techiniques!

So far I ain't missed a shot yet!

JW