Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

What shells to try??

Old 01-26-2008, 07:30 AM
Fork Horn

Default What shells to try??

I currently use the Remington Hevishot but since Remington don't make them anymore I'm still trying to decide what I'll use next? dont know to try the Hevi-13 hevishot or the Remington wingmaster HD or ??? just curious what everyone else uses. the gun will be a Remington 870 if that helps
Old 01-26-2008, 07:55 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: What shells to try??

Nitro.

http://www.nitrocompany.com/
Old 01-26-2008, 08:16 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Gamblinman

Nitro.

http://www.nitrocompany.com/
I second that suggestion
Old 01-26-2008, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll 3rd that suggestion! Don't waste your money on anything else. Get Nitros and be done with the guesswork.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:39 AM
Typical Buck

go with nitro they are more expensive, but they are the best
Old 01-26-2008, 03:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Winchester Extended Range... If you buy Nitro's, pland on buying a new choke tooMight cost 200 bucks to put a S!@# load of #7 shot in a bird at 40 yards
Old 01-26-2008, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

They're not making the Xtended Range shells anymore though. They've been replaced with the Xtended Range Supreme Elite line of shells. They cost almost $40 for a box of 10. That's almost approaching the price of Nitros. For a few dollars more I'd definitely go the Nitro route.

I wish they did still make the regular Extended Range though. They patterned awesome in my gun. And they weren't too expensive for a premium shell.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:43 PM
Typical Buck

Funny how lead wasn't mentioned. I would try lead #5 and #6 in Remmington, Winchester and federal. With Nitros it seems you would need 2 boxes. One for trying different chokes with and the other to hunt with. That will run close to 300.00. which to me is about the price of a GUN!
Old 01-26-2008, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: rochelle

Funny how lead wasn't mentioned. I would try lead #5 and #6 in Remmington, Winchester and federal. With Nitros it seems you would need 2 boxes. One for trying different chokes with and the other to hunt with. That will run close to 300.00. which to me is about the price of a GUN!
Well, that's one of the reasons that Nitros are expensive: Nitro does a lot of R&D work for you. They list on their web page many different shell/choke/gun combinations. They've mostly tested with the Jellyhead and Rhino chokes. It definitely eliminates alot of guess work.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

i've got the Xtended Range Supreme Elite ....i know they're not as good as the nitros, but they're darn close....i patterened them with the nitros, and for the money, i would definately go with the winchesters.....i paid $34.99 for mine...box of 10.....

Quick Reply: What shells to try??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.