Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Glass calls and sanding

Old 01-16-2008, 07:50 AM
Banned

Default Glass calls and sanding

I'm thinking about buying some higher quality calls this year instead the mass produced calls you buy at BPS or Cabelas, or more specifically, I'm looking at buying a higher quality glass call. My question is, with my cheaper glass calls, I have to sand them constantly, and this irritates me. So, with the higher quality glass calls, do you have to sand them as much or the cheaper calls or are they about the same?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Glass calls and sanding

I've found that with the store bought calls that they do indeed get "slick" rather quickly. I bought a custom call from http://www.magicmorning.net/Home.htmland let me say that there's definitely a difference between the store bought calls and one that's custom made. So, yes, there's a difference.

Old 01-17-2008, 06:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Glass calls and sanding

If your using a Glass call and sanding them, thats where the problem is starting that your having such a hard time.

Do Not sand Glass, go get yourself a conditioning stone and you'll need it for a good quality glass anyway. When you work the area with it Only do it in one direction and only 3/4's of the glass surface. This will help you in very low light see what direction your working the glass if you need to give it a tune up.

Sand paper does not get down in the surface of glass, as stone does...