Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

opinions on glass calls

Old 05-15-2003, 04:27 PM

Default opinions on glass calls

hi, i was wanting some opinions on some glass calls. im trying to narrow down a few options. if you guys could please send me some feedback on what you guys think about these calls.

american friction rock bottom
cody woodsman
boss tom glass over glass
cane creek pro custom glass
primos power crystal

thnx for your time
Old 05-15-2003, 05:27 PM

Default RE: opinions on glass calls

I can only give 2 cents on the Power crystal, I' m extremely happy w/ mine. First year i' ve used it worked great it assisted along w/ a box call bagging my Tom this year. The rose wood striker it came with works well, as well an acrylic or plastic type striker and I think it purrs better then slate maybe even better than some mouth calls.
Old 05-15-2003, 07:40 PM

The power crystal is a real nice call, it will travel a long distance with some pressure. I also like the Wood Witch by HS STRUT.
Old 05-15-2003, 08:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

One of my favorites is the Cody Envy glass call.
Old 05-15-2003, 08:36 PM

Peavis, put your money down on the Rock Bottom and Glass from American Friction. Bruce Wurth won Best of Show, D.D. Adams Award in the friction and striker category at the NWTF convention in Nashville last February with this call. He also won 1st place in the glass and striker category with the Rock Bottom and Glass at the same convention......need I say more? He also won 1st place in the Other Friction and Striker category with his Alumaglass aluminum call. These 2 calls will be my next two purchases, hands down. I bought one of his Cut-N-Paddle boxes before this season and it is awesome. It was responsible for calling in a gobbler for me on opening day in a stiff wind. If his peg and pot calls sound half as good as the Cut-N-Paddle does, then they are winners for sure! For the price of the Rock Bottom and Glass, you can' t go wrong IMO!
Old 05-15-2003, 09:14 PM

thnx for the input guys.
Old 05-16-2003, 05:15 AM

I' d buy one of the more expensive ones now and pick the Power Crystal up in the off season.

I got a back up Power Crystal for $7 at Walmart at that time.
Old 05-16-2003, 06:33 AM
Fork Horn

I couldn' t be happier with " The Legacy" by Blodgett Game Calls. It is expensive though at around $50.
Old 05-16-2003, 09:25 PM

The Cody Woodsman is a great call I would get that if you want a top notch friction call, But on the cheap end The primos power crystal is a great call also. As stated by someone else get the cody now or whenever the cash is available and then look at walmart when the turkey stuff goes on sale and snatch one up, That is how I got mine, can' t remember what I paid but I know it was well under retail.
Old 05-17-2003, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I do like the sound of glass calls along with a purple heart striker. I currently have a M.A.D. Super Crystal call, and I love the way that one sounds for the money!!

Quick Reply: opinions on glass calls

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.