Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Disapointed in Cabelas

Old 01-14-2008, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Disapointed in Cabelas

Yesterday I went to a Cabelas store for the first time. It opened in East Hartford CT in October, its about a 1.5 hour trip for me. While the place is great with TONS of gear, there was only one small aisle dedicated to turkey hunting with a very limited selection of calls and other gear. I'm hoping that they expand the selection as the season draws near. I usually drive to Hartford to get my turkey tags in the spring, I can stop by Cabelas and check out the goodies.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Disapointed in Cabelas

Yeah, it's just a little early for all of the turkey stuff to be out. the Cabelas that I go to doesn't have hardly anything out either. I'm sure they all do it around the same time. It won't be long!
Old 01-14-2008, 08:13 PM
Typical Buck

Yeah I saw that too when I was there. Asked what was up and they told me they didn't have any plans on getting in more turkey stuff. They said there's not enough turkeys in the NE states to justify stocking all the stuff they carry.

Just kidding bud I’m sure they stock pretty good within the next month or so.

Old 01-14-2008, 09:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cabela's/Midwest turkey Supply get 90% of my buisness in the spring... The othere 10% is spent at the Harrisburg show
Old 01-15-2008, 05:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mr. Longbeard

Cabela's/Midwest turkey Supply get 90% of my buisness in the spring... The othere 10% is spent at the Harrisburg show
And speaking of the Harrisburg show.....I can't wait! I'll be there "periscoping" for turkey stuff.
Old 01-15-2008, 06:21 AM
Dominant Buck

One thing I have noticed is that none of the stores have all the stuff in the catalogue. On numerous occasions I have tried to shop at the stores and either they are out of my size or the items in the catalogue weren't on the floor. I usually do all my ordering from the internet at Cabelas.com. Still fun to visit the stores. My biggest disappointment was visiting the Sydney NE. store which was their original. I thought it was really small and limited as compared to some of the others that are 3 times the size.
Old 01-15-2008, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've only been to one. There's one in Hamburg, Pa., about 80 miles or so from where I live, and you'd need a couple of days just to look at everything. I told myself before we went that I was going to be "in and out" with what I needed........WRONG!We got there at noon and didn't leave until almost 4 and still didn't see 1/2 of the store.
Old 01-15-2008, 06:38 AM
JW
Super Moderator

That is ture - The store does not carry all that the catalog has - so be aware of that!

And it is early - they will stock aisles soon.

JW
Old 01-15-2008, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been to 3 different Bass Pro stores, but never Cabela's, I do certainly hope to be able to go there sometime soon, I hear they have one in Atlanta, Georgia.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know at the Cablea's that I go to (Ft. Worth, TX), as the season starts to draw closer, they get more and more turkey hunting stuff. One cool thing that they do as well is they have several calls out on a table that you can play with and try out before you buy. I was there about two weeks ago and they didn't have very much turkey stuff out yet...give it time...

Quick Reply: Disapointed in Cabelas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.