Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Disapointed in Cabelas

Old 01-15-2008, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Disapointed in Cabelas

Hey, you New England guys need to come to NY and PA to shoot some of our turkeys. They are EVERYWHERE!!
Old 01-15-2008, 12:14 PM
Dominant Buck

I have been to the Auburn BP Shop and it is nice. Nothing like Cabelas though. We have all the turkeys anyone could ask for around here and not as many people hunting them.

Old 01-15-2008, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Champlain Islander

One thing I have noticed is that none of the stores have all the stuff in the catalogue. On numerous occasions I have tried to shop at the stores and either they are out of my size or the items in the catalogue weren't on the floor. I usually do all my ordering from the internet at Cabelas.com. Still fun to visit the stores. My biggest disappointment was visiting the Sydney NE. store which was their original. I thought it was really small and limited as compared to some of the others that are 3 times the size.
I'll correct you there. Kearney, NE was their first store. If you think Sidney is small, wait 'til you go to Kearney!!!!! It is just like shopping in a regular store. The ceilings are so low that a full body elk mount that theyhave is touching the ceiling. It is not the display heaven that the new stores are, with the mountain and everything.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have been to the Auburn BP Shop and it is nice. Nothing like Cabelas though. We have all the turkeys anyone could ask for around here and not as many people hunting them.
Love your state. I used to go skydiving at Addison (near the south end of the lake). I will definitely have to get to a Cabelas, then.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:49 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Gundeck

Love your state. I used to go skydiving at Addison (near the south end of the lake). I will definitely have to get to a Cabelas, then.
I know the place where you sky dived. I used to fish crappie in the spring just down the road near the backwaters of Hospital creek. A ton of Turkey down that way too in addition to lots of deer.
I'll correct you there. Kearney, NE was their first store. If you think Sidney is small, wait 'til you go to Kearney
You must be right. I hit the La Vista store last year going out to Colorado and it was bigger than Sydney but smaller than the new big ones they are putting up. It isn't fair....Nebraska has 3 stores and we don't have one in all of New England.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

You must be right. I hit the La Vista store last year going out to Colorado and it was bigger than Sydney but smaller than the new big ones they are putting up. It isn't fair....Nebraska has 3 stores and we don't have one in all of New England.
Yeah, and Denveris getting one later this spring too!!!! I will have 4 Cabela's stores within 6 hours of me!!!!!
Old 01-15-2008, 01:57 PM
Dominant Buck

Lucky for a lot of reasons. Mostly though to be able to hunt the Rockys without driving for 3 days.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

[You must be right. I hit the La Vista store last year going out to Colorado and it was bigger than Sydney but smaller than the new big ones they are putting up. It isn't fair....Nebraska has 3 stores and we don't have one in all of New England.
I started this thread because of the new Cabelas in New England, East Hartford, CT. It is a large store, with a mountain in the middle, full body mounts, aquariums with trout, bass, pike, HUGE crappie, etc. It also has full bodied African game, including a full elephant mount. It has a CT wildlife "museum" with full bodied whitetail, bear, and turkey mounts with an animatronic tour guide that talks... I guess I'll have to "forget" to mail away for my turkey tags in time for the season and make another trip there to see if they have more calls and gear out. Busted my 2nd HS Strut stool 2 years in a row, time for a new one...
Old 01-15-2008, 08:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

ive never had a problem with cabelas........................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ................................................
Old 01-16-2008, 05:06 AM
Dominant Buck

I'll have to check that store out. To be honest I didn't know they had one there in CT. I know what it is like to break some favorite gear. I have gone through a few box calls and my best crystal because I sat down on them wrongwhen they were in my turkey vest pocket. I have a Buck Lick Creek with a built in self contained seat. You have to unbuckle the vest to get the seat down and sometimes when I am in a hurry to get set up I forget to pull the sides away from the seat. That crunch makes me shudder.

Quick Reply: Disapointed in Cabelas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.