Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Benelli JUNK

Old 07-19-2007, 01:14 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Benelli JUNK

I bought one in 2001 (M1-Field).

It's NEVER jammed on me.....and I wouldn't take what I paid for it, today.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:15 PM

I had a $250 red-dot scope on the gun also, trust me, i tried to get itright, nothing worked, including remounting the scope several times.
It's not the point of fixing the problem (by ME getting it fixed) Benelli should have offered to have it done without any question. I would understand paying a fee for fixing it if there was obvious abuse or damage, but there is NONE,0, NADA.

As for the SBE, I'm going to give it to a buddy of mine who knows the problem with it and doesn't care. It's not about the money to me, I'll buy another gun (NOT a Benelli, or a brand owned buy Benelli).

I have until mid August til I get home to get to the gun,at which timei'll decide to either cut it up, or have it fixed and give it to someone who doesn't have or can't afford a gun themselves.
No matter the decision, I'm DONE with Benelli forever.

Iwill add, I'm getting back into archery again...so anyone wanting to trade a Bowtech Gaurdian or Commander, I'm all ears. You know the problem with the gun so there are no hidden secrets. It has been drilled and tapped and has a scope mount w/a Pure Gold choke included.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:04 PM

i hate to hear the smack talk on benelli. i love mine. extremely durable and shoots great. only improvement i'd like to see is a thinner pistol grip. it took a bit to get used to because i was used to shooting remington's. hard to believe the company won't take care of you. have you tried asking for a manager or supervisor?
Old 07-19-2007, 08:17 PM
Super Moderator

Every company has a lemon or 2. Do what you feel is best. You have to live with the decision. You payed for it and can do what you want. I say whatever you want to do is your decision. I wouldnt worry about what others say to you about it. There are other guns on the market that shoot just as well as a Benelli. I have a buddy that has a Benelli and to be honest its junk. Its a 10ga and my meesley little 12ga Mossberg 500out performs it anytime...
Old 07-21-2007, 12:42 PM
neb
Typical Buck

I have had no trouble with mine and have shot many, many rounds. I love mine.
Old 07-21-2007, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: towermonkey

I've had it with Benelli, let me explain.

I bought a 20ga. M1 1 1/2 years ago, I have had nothing but problems trying to get this thing to hit POA/POI, I have tried 4 different chokes, they shot good patterns but were a foot low and a foot left.
I sent the gun back to Benelli 2 times to get this problem fixed.
First time, they said it shoots to thier spec's...I told them I don't shoot turkeys with #8 shot and that this was unacceptable to me, especially when I paid about $1100.00 for the gun.

Second time, I spoke to them on the phone and told them this gun was bought specifally for turkey hunting and that I would even pay for them to shoot turkey loads (any turkey load) to get the gun right, I asked if they would replace the barrel...nope, they sent it back without doing anything.

So, when I get home in August, I will take a chop saw or porta-band saw and cut the gun up into 2" pieces and send the piece of TRASH back to Benelli, it will probably shoot the same way as it does now.
Then my 12ga. Benelli SBE will be sold. I have made it very clear to Benelli what I was going to do, and that they have lost a customer for EVER, and if I can, I will let everyone know how Benelli DIDN'T take care of this problem and how it was handled, and that I will try my hardest to send them to another gun company.

So future buyer's BEWARE, Benelli will NOT help you if you have a problem with thier gun.

Dean
Did you ever think about adjusting the comb? I've had several shotguns that wouldn't pattern until you adjusted the comb. My SBE II will never be sold... and their customer service has always been excellent.
Old 07-21-2007, 05:54 PM
Typical Buck

I'm not sure "Junk" is the right way to describe a Benelli. It's a very good gun. I have an M1 as well and have only had problems with the pistol grip cover coming off. I've called Benelli and they actually sent me one at no charge. I was surprised by this.

That said, I think the product management department of Benelli lacks judgement. The fact that you are forced to purchase the SBE II if you want to shoot 3 1/2" shells from an inertia driven system is not a very good call.

I noticed there was a mention of the original SBE. This has been rebranded and renamed. It is now called the Grizzly Super Magnum, now sold by another Italian gun manufacturer, Breda.

There's a lot of games going on with these guys right now. I think they are more focused on canabalizing the market they've created rather than pushing further innnovation.

Good luck on how you go.
Old 07-21-2007, 07:41 PM
Typical Buck

why dont you quit your whining! benellis are worth their weight in gold. i know that you can get a shim kit for your model, try that, your problem could be as simple as your eye not lining up correctly with the bead. a guy i know has dropped his gun in the lake before...the dirty lake...and it still shot fne. id say just quit tryin to get everyone else to solve your problem and try it yourself.

listen to me and save 1000 bucks, or dont and well see how you feel about 10 minutes after you saw that thing up.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:24 PM
Fork Horn

I have had a a nova for about five years now and it has never failed me. I just bought a SBE II before turkey season and i love it. had mud , sand and grass all in that gun and it has been great. put three boxes of #9s through it right out of the box. Not one misfire. Just my two cents
Old 07-22-2007, 08:31 AM
Typical Buck

Sorry to read about your troubles but Benelli became who they are without you and still willbe ranked highly after you cut up or get rid of the gun.One person’s misfortunewithone gun is not and will not hurt the fact that they make an awesome shooting shotgun.Like many many other SBEII owners, mine is performing flawlessly!

Good luck with whichever other brand shotgun you decide to go with. I hope you find one that will meet your expatiations

BTW, My last two Remington (870 & 1187) turkey guns I owned, needed adjustable sights in order to move my POA & POI (pattern). I still own and think very highly ofRemingtons so pleasedon't buy one just in case you're not happy about where it's hitting. Don't care to see another slam'in thread on my other favorite shotgun

Quick Reply: Benelli JUNK

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.