Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Benelli JUNK

Old 07-17-2007, 09:06 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Benelli JUNK

With shotgun shooting your eye represents the"rear" sight and the bead/muzzle is the front sight. POI is very dependent on where your eye lines up with the relationship of therib. Most people dont take the time to pattern their guns with common chokes such as IC, Skeet, Mod etc and assume that the gun shoots where they are "aiming", well it depends on the individual but some will and some wont.
It's not until a shooter using extremely tight choked shotgunswith turkey tubes will notice the actual POI of the gun. All of us are built differently and I am one that has a very hard time finding a shotgun that fits me (shoots where I look). When I throw the gun to my shoulder, 95% of the time I al looking just below the reciever be it a auto, pump, o/u. I have to have adjustable combs and butt plates in order to get the gun to shoot where I look.
On my dedicated turkey gun I went to using a scope instead of using adjustable hardware to shift my POI. As bigcountry said you can also use adjustable sights to correct the problem.
I am not saying that your gun might have a problem with a bent barrel( and this can be fixed also) but there are fixes to the POI.

I would strongly suggest that you install a scope or adjustable open sights on the Benelli as both offer more precission shot placement over using a bead and do offer POI adjustment.

If you are really serious about cutting the gun up in peices PLEASE PLEASE post pictures of it as I for one, want to see it to believe someone will do that and not just say it on a forum such as this one.

Old 07-17-2007, 11:01 AM
Typical Buck

Man I would love to see the pics of that as well "if" someone could actually cut up a $1000.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

ill give u 300 for the SBE
Old 07-17-2007, 04:51 PM

I had a SBE about 10 years ago. It jamed frequently with any load I put into it. ALWAYS, ALWAYSat the worst time. I felt like cutting it up also. I sold it. The guy didn't care about the problems I had with the gun, he just wanted a Benelli.

I bought a Browning Gold and haven't looked back. It doesn't like the Federal or Winchester bulk ammo from Walmart, but eats everything else just fine.

After saying that, the Benelli is definitely KING here. My guess is, the local Sportsman's sells 5 Benellis to every 1 other mfg semi-auto. I know quite a few that own them and they would not own anything else. I just disagree.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll be your friend. Idont care about poi or anything....
Old 07-17-2007, 07:37 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I don't think you're retarded at all. If I were you...I'd still cut it up.

But.....that'll show 'em.....givin it away and all. They're probably madder'n hornets right now.

HAHA, well i too own a benelli and have cycled thousands of shells through it. It has only jammed twice in its life, and it was on those cheapo shells you get from walmart.

well hows about this, ill pay for shipping, send youa saw and ill give you 300 for the SBE.

and if you chop up the gun to piss off benelli, be sure to post pics.[:-]
Old 07-17-2007, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dude, take a deep breath and relax. Throw the gun in your safe and leave it there for a couple of weeks until you do anything. Call beneli and ask for their advertising department and direct them to this post and you might get results. You can try posting on other sites also and let them know about the bad publicity. I did it when Gander Mountains gunsmithruined my gun and I finally got a new gun. You deserve better service but you might have to fight to get them to do whats right.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:01 PM

i work for benelli... send it to me and ill fix it. it may take a while
Old 07-19-2007, 04:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Didn't Bennelli stop making the SBE? I think they make an SBE II now, right?
Old 07-19-2007, 06:22 AM
Dominant Buck

I have had one for quite a few years and never had any problem with the action. It eats any and all shells regardless of load or manufacturer. Do yourself a favor and put on some adjustable sights. Turkey hunting requires a more finite sighting system due to the tight chokes and need for exact shot placement. Like previously stated, POI with a shotgun can easily be remedied. Cutting up the gun only shows immaturity on dealing with a problem.

Quick Reply: Benelli JUNK

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.