Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

A big Thanks

Old 06-05-2007, 06:21 PM
Super Moderator

Default A big Thanks

I would like to say thank you to Pat Ely and Deerdust for running the 2007 turkey hunting contest. Im already looking foward to 2008. Again my offer goes out to help in the 2008 contest.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: A big Thanks

I should of entered I may have placedI killed two long spured gobblers this spring
Old 06-05-2007, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

My thanks also, not that the season isn't cool enough, but the contest adds something else, I guess its being able to share our excitement and enthusiam with others that also have the addiction.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:53 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Me too!

Now to me it don't matter if you get a bird or not but it is fun to see the interaction between teams members who are randomly assigned to a team.

Pat and Dave you did a great job!

Now may ask why be part of a team? No prizes are given or no trophies awarded! Well several years ago because of this contest I met a fellow poster here. He had some trouble posting pictures and all I did was ask if I could help. That caught him by surpirse. Well long story short - we do call each other on the phone. We have stayed in contact ever since! He was gracious enough to ask me to hunt with in a state I have never been too. He also showed me how to get a bird! As I got whooped! But even though this time we where on different teams - it didn't matter! He has a passion just as deep as I do when it comes to Spring Turkey hunting!

So for me I hope to never miss the contest here - I do plan on helping others learn what I have learned anytime - any place.

JW
Old 06-08-2007, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

thanks guys
Old 06-08-2007, 07:38 AM
Super Moderator

I appreciate your thank you's. But really none are needed. It is my pleasure to help all those I can, especially those who are interested in hunting. That is why I do what I do here at Huntingnet. I just enjoy helping folks. Sometimes over the years, it has just been to help someone post pictures, other times it may be someone needing advice on something to do with hunting. So anytime, feel free to ask, "It Is my Pleasure" to help you.

I will get the score tallied soon. There are still some folks who are not yet home from their trips. Thanks for your patience.
Dave Wilson>>>---->deerdust
Old 06-08-2007, 04:36 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks Pat and Deerdust! It was fun and I hope we continue to stay in touch and post throughout the year and we wait the long.............9 months.............before those gobs get cranked up again!
Old 06-08-2007, 06:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Me also, thank you guys for making this happen!!

Pat Eli, i noticed you have not posted your birds score on our team ten thread, get er done[8D]
Old 06-08-2007, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love getting out in the spring woods, period, but having this contest adds another dimension to a fantastic sport. Thanks for running it, if you need any help for next year just let me know.