Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Full Strut Decoys

Old 04-29-2007, 08:35 PM
Typical Buck

Default Full Strut Decoys

Anyone have any luck with a full strut decoy this season? Good, bad or ugly??? Just curious. Can't wait to try one and see if it can amount to all the hype they're getting.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:39 PM

Default RE: Full Strut Decoys

good: birds will come in to it. had a gobbler coming in on a string only to be spooked by my partners movements, then 10 minutes latr two jakes came in to tg team it and they were sprinting.

bad: very big and cumbersome to carry, more of a setup where you already know where youor sitting. it can intimidate two year old burds not wantin a butt whoopin.

ugly: put stake in ground, then put decoy body on, i snapped my stake in half last weekend so im still struttin decoyless until i find a home remedy.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:49 AM

Hey Troutman10, I am from Harrisville, just about 45 minutes from you in Watertown. I have the B-Mobile which inlike TEmbry15 has said and i figure he is talking about Pretty Boy by Carrylite, B-Mobile is a rubber material and not hard plastic like PB. It is mobile and light, and has just about the same detail with a much more rugged fan and the ability to addyour own. It is about $65-70. I used the PB beofre and havent liked it. B-Mobile i hope will fix my problems.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:13 PM
Typical Buck

RDIA,
I have a bmobile. Can't wait to use it tomorrow. I was curious to see what anyone has found out about using them since our season up here is a little later than the rest of the country. Gobble gobble.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:12 PM
Spike

All that I will say is "As advertised"
Old 04-30-2007, 04:23 PM

hey troutman10, where near watertown do you hunt. I occasionally hunt on the salt point road out near Sackets.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:44 PM

I tried them for the first time these season, I've bad longbeards checking it out but none have come into it.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:05 PM

i guessalot just depends on how competitive the birds are in your area. this is my first season using a strut decoy and now when i go out without it i sit there like "man i wish i had the strutter today." the biggest pain for me is carrying the fan... it just gets annoying after a while especially when its windy. i dont shoot jakes so it doesn't bother me that a single jake will usually keep his distance. a group however, will usually come in to check him out.the main reason i like the strutters is that mature birds do NOT hang up. i like to hunt large fields and they can see that fan from a good distance. with my experience this season, if they are a nice trophy bird,they will come RUNNING every single time!
Old 04-30-2007, 06:48 PM
Typical Buck

Remingtondoesitagain,
I am going to be hunting out near Chaumont, a little down near adams and a little near Philadelphia, NY. I've seen some birds out near Salt Point Road recently. Lots of wildlife over out that way! Good luck man.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been totally impressed with the Pretty Boy! The reactionsfrom most ofthe toms we've had see it have been impressive! It seems that nearly every bearded bird has, at the very least, came in to check it out.Any tom with some decent size to him has ran in looking for a fight. Friday morning my buddy missed THE biggest turkey I have ever seenat only 12 yards with his bow! That giant gobbler came in and gaveus such ashow thatmy buddyjust couldn't keep his nerves together and the shot went left.

Yesterday morning was the last day I could huntonmy "3rd season" tag and it found us sitting along the edge of a large unplanted partially flooded field with the shotguns. When the Gobbler madehis wayout to the fieldto followhis hens he couldn't resist charging Pretty Boy from over 200 yards away! The coolest thing about using Pretty Boy is the fact that every bird that's responded to ithas walked directly up to face the decoy and look it straight in the eye! I've never used a decoy that so perfectly positioned your bird for the shot. Make sure you place EXACTLY where you want to kill the bird. I strongly suggest any of you folks that haven't used one to try it. Good luck and good shootin'

Quick Reply: Full Strut Decoys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.