Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 CT Out Of State License/Tags=PAIN IN THE A$$ >

CT Out Of State License/Tags=PAIN IN THE A$$

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

CT Out Of State License/Tags=PAIN IN THE A$$

Old 04-14-2007, 05:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default CT Out Of State License/Tags=PAIN IN THE A$$

They do not make it easy to get a non-resident license in CT. If I want to get a license in the mail, I have to send an application to a town clerk, then wait for the license to come back, then I have to put the license number on a different application and send that to the DEP to get tags. If I started 2 weeks ago, this wouldnt have been too bad, but now i think its cutting it close, so I drove to CT to renew my license. Would you believe that the sporting goods stores only sell resident licenses? You HAVE to go to a town clerk to get one. Well, I didnt know this, all their website says is you can get licenses from town clerks or their agents... And I figured if the store sells licenses, they must be an agent. No such luck. Of course, Archery is altogether different. I have to buy my $100 permit and get my deer tags and buy turkey tags on top of that... and that you can get by mail from the DEP. Now I have to take time from work so I can either visit the town clerk during their hours, and then i STILL have to mail away for the tags, or I can take a 2.5 hr drive to Hartford to get it all done in one spot. Sheeeeesh, how unfriendly is this system? Sorry for ranting, but I just wasted half a day because of this and had to vent. At least I found a true talker grunt call on sale for $5.23 at DSG...
Old 04-14-2007, 05:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: CT Out Of State License/Tags=PAIN IN THE A$$

I moved away from Ct. over 25 years ago. I think I made a good choice.