Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

blinds

Old 03-18-2007, 04:37 AM

Default blinds

What is the best kind of blind to use.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:46 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: blinds

When bowhunting, i use the Ameristep Brickhouse TSC blind.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:52 PM

I dont use a blind,just more to carry, and I havent needed one, never been spoted. But I would say just bring 4 ft. of camo and drape it over branch etc. fast set up!
Old 03-21-2007, 06:42 PM
Fork Horn

I usually try to use a blind some places you cant but I always try..I have a double bull blind and I love it...The prices have come down considerably in the last couple of years..With my double bull I will set it up right in the middle of a field and not worry, the turkeys dont mind it trust me..I had to be a see it to believe it and I did the first morning we hunted 60 yards off the wood edge in the middle of a plowed up field had 3 birds pitch out into the field and shot a nice big 3 year old tom. I have been hooked ever since, dont get me wrong if I set it up in the woods I like to put some branches around it and maybe hang off the top but that only makes me feel good..If you need to run and gun you can always leave your blind and go to it,(if hunting private land ofcourse) You can get away with so much more, ya may be one more thing to carry in and out but you will stay very much dryer in the rain or snow be more comfortable you get out of the wind by being in one and most importantly is the movement you can get away with if need be....Try a blind you wont be sorry you did..
Old 03-21-2007, 08:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

The Double Bull T5 or the Matrix , the best blinds on the market.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Eastman Outfitters Carbon Express
Old 03-22-2007, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

That question truely depends on your needs. The first thing to ask yourself is"

1) How much am I going to use this blind? If you plan on using it only for turkey hunting....couple times a year, then I would go with a cheaper blind..like one from Ameristep. If you plan on using it for turkey hunting and bowhunting deer, then I would recommend a Double Bull. I only use mine when I BOWHUNT turkeys, so I only use mine about 3-5 days a year. Therefore, I feel it isn't worth spending a lot of money on, so I have an Ameristep Doghouse and it works great for my needs. I would rather stick the extra money in some treestands. But if you are going to use it a lot, then I would invest in a better product.

2) I'm I going to bowhunt or gunhunt in this blind? If you are going to bowhunt, make sure you get a blind that is big enough to draw your bow and move around. If you are only going to gunhunt, you can probably get away with a smaller blind.

3) I'm I going to be the only one hunting in this blind? If you hunt by yourself, you can get away with a smaller blind. If you take a hunting partner, then you will need to have a blind big enough to fit two and take #2 into account also.

After you answered these questions, you will know what type/size of blind to go after.