Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

blinds

Old 09-01-2003, 08:55 PM

Default blinds

Does anyone waterproof the seems on their blind or doesn' t it matter? If you do what do you use?

Does anyone have any problems with bugs in their blind, how many leave the mesh up while hunting?

Do you just set the blind up and hunt or do you " brush it in" ?
Old 09-02-2003, 08:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: blinds

1. I do not waterproof my blind as I have not had a need to. All of the Ameristep blinds seem to be relatively waterproof provided we are not talking about a potential downpour. Every time I have used mine in light rain or misty weather I have not had a problem. The one torrential downpour that I had the one in though caused some slight leaking through the zippers on the windows....though even that tended to just leak down the side of the blind and not drip directly down on me.

2. I have considered spraying waterproofing on the blind...just for the heck of it....but then was concerned that it might make it somehow more visible to game....ie, more reflected HV light or something along those lines that we cannot directly notice. If I were to use waterproofing then I would probably grab a bottle of that stuff that most of the ' marts' sell in their camping section for use with tents, umbrellas, clothing, etc...

3. Most of the time I just set the blind up but try to place it in a position that does allow brush to overlap its edges, etc... Inside a narrow fencerow instead of on the edge of it for example.