Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Team 3 "Grave Diggers"

Old 05-13-2007, 06:05 PM

Default RE: Team 3 Official Thread!!!

weel guys went out yesterday didnt even hear one gobble we coverd alot of ground in this area we went to there was 4 of us 1 of the guys with us got a nice bird he said that was the only gooble he heard and it came right to him and thats all she wrote for that bird ,will try this week some time
Old 05-14-2007, 01:01 AM

Bird down!!!! I was able to take a nice tom after 2.5 hrs of crawling out in to the middle of a field. The weight is 24.5 lbs. right spur 1.5 inches left spur 1.5 inches and beard 12 inches long!!!For a total score of 78.5 I will post pics of mount when I get it back!!!!
Old 05-14-2007, 05:34 AM
Typical Buck

Very nice bird TS.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:16 AM
Typical Buck

ok guys im just checking in. all i can say is im really struggling this year, for sure my worst season so far. this is how its been going. my first 3 days out, had guys all over the place, bumping birds, calling too much, stalking me and so on.
my 4th day out i called in 3 jakes to 10yrds of me but i am looking for a longbeard. 5th day out didnt hear a gobble or a sound. 6th time out had one coming in and he started to circle me and a hen snagged him away from me. and he never came back. 7th day didnt hear a thing but called in a silent jake to about 30 yrds. 8th day i was set up with in 70 yrds of one on the limb and after he gobbled about 12 times i gave him 2 soft clucks and he hammered me right back then about 5 min later i heard something and looked over to my right and saw an orange hat coming, dude bumped him off of roost. didnt hear a thing the rest of the morning. i have about 3 more days, we'll see how it goes. congrats to everyone who got some very nice birds.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats! That is a great scoring bird. Can't wait to see pics!

Here is a pic of the jake I called in for my buddy this past Sat..

http://i9.tinypic.com/6808jl4.jpg

Today I went out w/ a buddy and called him in this nice 19 1/4" longbeard. Beautiful bird. Sorry for the super small pic... it was on my cell and I do not know how to enlarge w/out making it blurry.

http://i6.tinypic.com/639aaad.jpg
Old 05-14-2007, 07:31 AM

ORIGINAL: triplespool

Bird down!!!! I was able to take a nice tom after 2.5 hrs of crawling out in to the middle of a field. The weight is 24.5 lbs. right spur 1.5 inches left spur 1.5 inches and beard 12 inches long!!!For a total score of 78.5 I will post pics of mount when I get it back!!!!
great job there TS CONGRATS

WAY TO GO WESTERNMASS WITH HELPING YOUR BUDDIES OUT
Old 05-14-2007, 07:39 PM
Fork Horn

how come this guy running the contest never updates the scores?? it was like that last year too, maybe he should let someone else run it.......very poor feedback as opposed to the archery contest which they run really well here.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:26 AM
Typical Buck

[blockquote]
ORIGINAL: Western MA Hunter

Congrats! That is a great scoring bird. Can't wait to see pics!

Here is a pic of the jake I called in for my buddy this past Sat..

http://i9.tinypic.com/6808jl4.jpg

Today I went out w/ a buddy and called him in this nice 19 1/4" longbeard. Beautiful bird. Sorry for the super small pic... it was on my cell and I do not know how to enlarge w/out making it blurry.

http://i6.tinypic.com/639aaad.jpg
19 1/4" beard on that thing??...is that possible????
[/blockquote]
Old 05-17-2007, 10:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

sorry... typo... 9 1/4"....

Old 05-17-2007, 02:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Man, you guys are MACHINES!

Triplespool - that is a hammer of a gobbler. I'm just trying to get one more natural bird over 75 points in my lifetime. Those birds are few and far between.

Nice pics WMA.

Hey, did everyone get their stickers?

Quick Reply: Team 3 "Grave Diggers"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.