Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Team 3 "Grave Diggers"

Old 05-07-2007, 06:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Team 3 "Grave Diggers"

Congrats guys... any ideas on how the other teams are doing? We seem to be piling them up.
RPJ... sorry to hear about the miss. You had fun... that 's all that matters....

I went out Sat and called in a jake for a rookie... last year he shot his first bird and has been hooked ever since.... went out behind his house.... small tract of woods separating a highway and golf course... We had 2 on the roost... one was a tom (we saw him a day or 2 before) and the other was the jake... Jery set up behind the decoy and i got to the side... Made a few purrs on my Power Crystal... next thing I know they are both on the ground gobbling... the Jake was the first to show his head and Jery practically took it off... Can't say I blame him being so new to the game. I am going to go back in after the tom next Sat.
He was like a little kid after he shot it! I was pumped for him.

Old 05-07-2007, 06:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff, nice bird buddy - congrats.
Your score is 20 + 8.75 + 8.75 + 20 = 57.5

Bookmark this site - it's the simplest scoring calculator that I can find
http://www.nwtf.org/all_about_turkeys/turkey_score.html

Greg - I'm mailing those stickers out at lunchtime today. I feel bad - I left them lay in my desk at work on Friday, so I couldn't mail them on Saturday. Getting old and scenile.

Anyone know what our total combined score is right now? Captain - u been keeping track for us? We've gotta be pretty close to the lead, if not in it. You guys have been hammerin' em.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Didn't look to steal your spot, the are woods from downtown in all 4 directions, I figured that was vague enough to keep your spot safe.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:30 PM
Fork Horn

a score of 57.5 for me it is then. thanks fran.

rybo, yea there are alot of patches of woods the whole way around the city. i was just across the allegheny from you. first time i hunted there, won't be the last. only got a visual on 2 birds but i brought one of them home so thats all that matters.

Old 05-08-2007, 12:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not much going on here the past couple of days.... seems the birds have disappeared.... i will try and get out a couple of morning this week... and definately Sat... Usually 1 and last week are the best around here... We are only in week 2 of 4.

Old 05-10-2007, 11:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

I took a guy out this morning before work - no luck at all. I haven't had such a slow turkey season in as long as I can remember. It's like all of my honeyholes are as dry as a bone. No gobbling on the limb, not out in the fields, no fresh sign, just like they've vanished. We're not talking about 1 or 2 spots either. This is 5-10 different places over a 2-county area.

I've never been truly frustrated by turkey hunting before, but it's starting to eat at me right now. I take a few guys every year, and we always will get some kind of action, either a shot, a close encounter, a hot gobbler, etc. Twice now this season, I've taken guys out, and we haven't heard a gobble.The birds just aren't there, and it's made me look bad two times in a row. One guy works with NWTF, and I really wanted to see him get one.

In my 15 years of turkey hunting, I don't think I've ever went an entire morning without hearing a gobble. This year, it's happened twice.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Stay persistant Quiksilver... they will just show up again one of these days...
They have disappeared in one of my hotspots... I will guarantee they will be back the last week of season... turkey soup!
Hang in there...
Old 05-10-2007, 12:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just checking back in. No birds yet, all the toms are still hen'd up. This weekend my uncle from San Diego is flying in, and my dad and I are taking him out w/ u, so with a little luck we'll have a bird down and on film. Hopefully we'll have some love sick gobblers this weekend. Good luck guys, and I'm very impressed w/ how we've done so far.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Team 3 Official Thread!!!

Paging Captain Hoytteen. Paging Captain Hoytteen. Pleasereport to the customer service desk.

Paging Captain Hoytteen. Please report to the customer service desk.

haha

Just trying to figure out who on our team killed what, and what our total team score is. I guess if anyone feels the urge, they can go back through the archives and update the list. Or we could just add our own birds to the list, and update the total.

I'm not even sure if this is everyone fromour official team.

Team 3
triplespool
300ultramagshooter
John Deer

Campo
bradisthebest
tky1187
PA Gobbler
txjourneyman
Western MA Hunter
Hawgnman

jamiebuck
jepcho
nonhillbilly
quiksilver - 66.375
LITTLE FISH
PA Mountaineer - 57.5
TNBowhuntr
RJPOUTDOORS
M.Hensler/PA
Zdeerslayer
Hoytteen _ Team Captain
Rybohunter
Remingtondoesitagain
nwochuck
turkeycaller101

TOTAL ----- 123.875
Old 05-10-2007, 04:08 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Team 3 Official Thread!!!

sorry team...been really busy with the new job and everything and plus ma lady keeps wanting to do stuff...but anyway, i got a copy of the team roster on my flash drive and gotta add the totals...should be up tonight tho.

Goin to the cabin tonight also..gunna see if i can send an arrow or two and a long beard. wish me luck guys!!

Quick Reply: Team 3 "Grave Diggers"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.