Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Team 6 - "Gobble Gobble BOOM!" >

Team 6 - "Gobble Gobble BOOM!"

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Team 6 - "Gobble Gobble BOOM!"

Old 04-12-2007, 09:22 AM

Default RE: Team 6 - "Gobble Gobble BOOM!"

Same with me... I am pretty busy right now and seasopn doesn't open until the 25th
Old 04-12-2007, 12:25 PM

My tribe just made it back from Oklahoma.We hunted out there last year and had great luck.This year was a whole new game.It snowed and rained on us all but Wednesday morning.That was also the only day it got over 40 degrees.We had to get back after that days morning hunt.
The place we hunted last year we couldn't get permission to hunt for a couple of days.When we did we found another party of 6 hunters were hunting it.There were 2 kids that wereburning the place up. Spot and Stalk they called it.I didn't know they were hunting till I didn't see or hear a bird the first day.The two boys ran into me late in the day and I found out it was the owners son and his friend.This place had tons of turkey sign but no birds.One of the boy was a real Go Getter.I would say he was 13 years old and knew all the ground around that area even a big chunk of State ground on the back side.He told me every rooste tree on the place that I knew of and a couple others.Then he said, but they aren't roosting them now!I had to laugh at that, as I knew why they were not roosting there now.This boy was a hoot!! All he needs is some help and he would be a great little turkey hunter.
They left out for home shortly after the weekend so I let it rest till Wednesday morning,our last hunt.I roosted 2 nice longbeards the night before early in the evening.
Nexted morning I set my friend up on them about 100yds back and I went a few hundred yards up to a spot they feed through.They were gobbling thier heads off when I got set up.
My friend was west of the roost and as it got light he counted 47 birds roosted in one tree and 2 longbeards in another 40 yards from them.9 longbeards in all!!! They pitched out 2 directions half away and the rest his way.After 15 minutes I had 25-35 hens on me at about 25 yds.Three had beards.I watched three other longbeards come in from my back side as my buddy shot over the hill.It looked like a covey of quail.All I could do was pick out one of the running bearded hens that I missed as she ran off.My buddy missed his longbeard clean at 41 yards.
We later got back on the ones that pitched the other way and after 2 hours of hanging on a side of a big mound watching and moving I got one havested.Pictures later!!
Old 04-13-2007, 05:33 AM
Fork Horn

Congratulations half rack, sounds like a great trip (except the crappy weather).
Old 04-13-2007, 07:29 AM
Typical Buck

half rack did you say you got one if so congrats and i cant wait till regular season starts.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

Do we actually have a score card yet? What's our stats look like? I officially haven't entered my 2 KS birds, I'm hunting NC next week and then a month long PA season. I can potentially take 4 more birds and I'll pick the best scoring bird for entry.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

rob, as far as i know we have no score...and im the captain

halfrack may have scored....but kinda confusing...tells a whole story and at the end says he got one...so he might have one dead.

i got 2 more weeks...im chompin at the bit. hopefully it stays cold and nasty till a couple days before opening day....they will be goin absolutely bonkers opening morning...in a perfect world....i hear from a few diffrent people they are talkin hard right now...despite the cold and rain and snow and hail. seen a bunch of strutters in a field the other day up at school. i didnt see no posters...and not a house to be found...i just might have to go after em. but they were in a field along the road...that always spells ALOT of pressure...
Old 04-13-2007, 03:14 PM

Hey guys I made it out for the KS bowseason and had a great time, however I have not come away with a bird yet. The first evening I had available to hunt I got in the field and there were already 4 turkeys out there. They walked off into the timber so I crept up to the edge of the timber and set my blind up. not too long after they came back out and paid no attention to my calls until they were about 150yds out and I started cutting at them real aggressively. They started running at me but hung up at 50yds. They were 3 beautiful long beards. Not too long after that 2 jakes came out one with a 6-7 inch beard so I slung an arrow at him at 35yds and just missed. Then the sad part is after all of this I called in yet another tom only this time he came within 20yds and I wiffed. I'm not really sure but I think my coat was in the way of my string and goofed my shot, at least I'ld like to think so, if not I guess its turkey fever! I had a blast none the less.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:34 PM
Typical Buck

Im still trying to get a tom, Ive been out 4 days with no luck. Im getting married on sunday so Im tied up this weekend. But tuesday morning Ill be back after it. Good luck to everyone else out there
Old 04-13-2007, 10:01 PM

Here are shots of the harvest.
18lbs
9.250 beard
1.125 left spur
1.250 right spur

Old 04-14-2007, 06:38 PM
Typical Buck

Nice bird there half rack!

Today was the trout season opener here in PA. That helped calm my turkey fever, but not by much! Only one more week!!!

Quick Reply: Team 6 - "Gobble Gobble BOOM!"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.