Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Team 1 stop by!

Old 03-16-2007, 10:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team 1 stop by!

ORIGINAL: longbeardbuster

Congrats SouthernStrut56!!! Looks like you got us off to a great start. I was just wondering, did you use the decoy that you made? If you did, that would be pretty cool.
No I didn't use it Thursday. It was raining and I knew they'd be out there anyways. I didn't call or anything, just spooked em outta the field and waited for em to come back. I'm going tomorrow and I'm thinkin about tryin the decoy out. My buddy's goin with me and I think it'd give us a good opportunity at a double. I saw about 20 birds today in the same field I killed my bird out of, so we may set up ol' Vern in that field and see what we can do. It's gonna be really windy tomorrow too so I think they should be in the open again.Weather's been crazy thesefirst twodays down here. Rain storm Thursday, 45 degree weather and 25 mph winds today, but it's makin the turkeys more predictable so that's good. I'll check back in tomorrow.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's a couple of team names, we'll all decide from all the choices everybody posts on here.
Tominators
Gobbler Patrol

I also like Wattle Whackers that RIStrutstopper suggested, good thinkin.

Old 03-17-2007, 03:38 AM
Fork Horn

Hey Guys, what ever name you pick for our group is fine. A suggestion, "Tomthumpers".
Old 03-17-2007, 07:55 PM
Fork Horn

Need feedback on a name for Team 1
Old 03-17-2007, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think i like the wattle wackers

Old 03-17-2007, 08:20 PM
Fork Horn

Hi everyone, i will be hunting in michigan for easterns. I have been hunting for 3 years shot one tom. I feel very good about this year. I have been watching 10 male turkeys. 7 of them are nice size toms hopefuly they will stay around. I look forward to baging a bird this year and good luck to everyone.
Old 03-17-2007, 09:02 PM
Fork Horn

Okay how about "Team bunch O spurs" ???
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y67/slickr1/resume.jpg
Old 03-17-2007, 10:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wanna know where my score went for the bird I killed opening day. I posted it Thursday night but somehow it got deleted or something. We need to find out b/c that had us in first place so far.
Old 03-17-2007, 11:58 PM
Super Moderator

Ya know there is a reason we are team#1. Nuff said, lets just do it! Been hunting turks 14 yra and taken a few good ones and called in a good many for clients. Oh yeah, I'm 47 yrs young. I wil;l be headed to Florida Apr 1st with Pat for a turk hunt there and I hope to get some time in Mo before the season ends. Most of my time will be with clients in Nebraska this year, so I will get in a hunt or two there as well. Gonna give it a try with the bow this yr.

Team suggestions:
Boss Tom Thumpers
Tom Trophy Takers
Strut Stoppers
Feather Dusters
Beard Dusters
Dust Bowl Clan
Widow Makers
Old 03-18-2007, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tominators is a good name. I'm still partial to Wattle Whackers tho, lol. Deerdust, that Strut Stoppers name isn't too bad either, lol. I'm getting psyched. Did my first 3D shoot of the year today in the snow, saw a bunch of turkey tracks and scratchings in the snow right on the course at my club. I may just try hunting at the club once or twice this year.

Quick Reply: Team 1 stop by!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.