Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Team 1 stop by!

Old 03-12-2007, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team 1 stop by!

It's ashoe in guys. My team won last year, so I expect nothing less this go around. I primarily hunt on my land in LA. I also hunt in Tenn. I normally kill two or three birds a season, but with turkey hunting, anything can happen. I've got two longbeards gobbling their heads off now on my land. I filmed them this past weekend. My season opens up March 24th. I hope they are still hot come the 24th. The wait is driving me crazy, especially with these two so hot. I just hope they don't breed too early and leave. One of them was gobbling 7 to 8 times in a row. He gobbled well over a hundred times and he was still gobbling when I left. I almost got tired of him gobbling so much. I've been turkey hunting for a while but became seriously addicted to it abouteightyears ago. Now I am more pumped up about turkey hunting than deer and duck hunting. Good luck to the rest of the team.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:53 PM
Fork Horn

Guys, I don't know what you think, but I think we have one strong team!!!! Let's go get them guys!!!!
Old 03-12-2007, 10:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree, we do haveone strong team. There's no reason why we shouldn't win. I'm going out to some national forest land Thursday morning with a couple of buddies to call for 'em. They don't really hunt much so I'm takin my gun just in case, I might score one, who knows. Thursday afternoon after class I'm going to my land to try and bust up a flock I saw in the fields last Friday. I spooked 'em off and 5 minutes later 4 toms walked back out in the same field, maybe they'll be good to me Thursday. Hunt hard fellas and like superstrutter said, it can be a shoe-in for us.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:30 PM

Hey guys, I will be hunting the Southwestern part of Virginia. We got alot of birds this year and I am feeling pumped and ready to go! This will be my 5th year hunting and I recently hooked up with the Virginia NWTF president and that should be real fun because he is a awesome turkey hunter. Good Luck!
Old 03-13-2007, 05:22 PM

Tarheel Turkey checking in. I will be starting out in Florida on March 18. Also going Tenn. & SC first week of April. Texas & Oklahoma on April 8. North Carolina second week of April for a few weeks. Back to Texas on April 26 & hopefully finish up strong in Montana on May 6. I can't wait to get in the turkey woods. Good luck to all & have a safe season.
Old 03-13-2007, 06:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

i am really lookin forward to be a teameat with you guys! seems like a bunch of hardcore turkey hunters just like myself!!!
Old 03-14-2007, 06:37 AM
Fork Horn

hey guys this is tedrow checkin in. i'll be hunting in central ohio big easterns. this is my 12 year turkey huntin and im just as jacked as if it were the first! i have shot around 20 birds being my best was a 22.25 lb 11 7/8 beard and double spurs on both legs 2 were 1 1/4 and 2 were 1/2 inch that will be hard for me to top, i have trouble letting any bird walk if they come in gobblin'. sounds like we have a kick butt team. ttyl TEDROW
Old 03-14-2007, 12:24 PM
Fork Horn

Sounds like our team will be covering alot of ground. I will be hunting here in Arkansas starting April 14 but before that I will be going to Kansas to hunt the opener of gun season on April 11, I amalso going to take my bow for the 1st time.If I can I am going to try and hunt Missouri and Kentuckyalso. I have seriously hunting turkeys for about 15 years and have taken probably 20 or so during that time. The areas I hunt have mainly easterns but might get a chance at some rio's in Kansas. Looks like I have been put on team with a great bunch of hunters and I wish everyone the best of luck.

Old 03-14-2007, 08:28 PM
Fork Horn

Just want to wish all of Team 1 a great season, my you find long beards and spurs!!!
Old 03-15-2007, 05:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

anybody here hunt tennessee?? i'll be headdin down there in 2 weeks for opening weekend just wonderin how the birds are doin

Quick Reply: Team 1 stop by!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.