Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
looking to hunt Merriams >

looking to hunt Merriams

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

looking to hunt Merriams

Old 12-06-2002, 12:52 AM

Default looking to hunt Merriams

I am looking to take a hunting trip this spring somewhere up north. I live in Missouri, and would love to take a Merriam turkey. I have been hunting for about 17 yrs, and have taken a lot of easterns. Out of my last 3 yrs in the spring, I have taken 3 double bearded birds around 22 pounds. If anyone can point me in the right direction for an affordable outfitter(one that is trustworthy), or if anyone is willing to allow a fellow turkey hunter hunt part of thier farm, pleas let me know. My e-mail address is [email protected].
Old 12-06-2002, 04:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: looking to hunt Merriams

Welcome Aboard to start.
Here is a fellow from Chadron NE that can put you on to a great Merriams hunt and this fellow has Birds.He has his own little guide buisness and is affordable.I've personaly have hunted with Jack and so has a few others that visit this forum.
Jack Nemeth - [email protected] or 308-432-6984...BT
Old 12-06-2002, 04:46 AM
Fork Horn

tohottie,
Check out Tim Herald... [email protected]
He is a buddy of mine who will put you in touch with the right people.

I would also check out BossTom suggestion too.

Old 12-14-2002, 12:49 AM

I appreciate the help, I will definately check in on both suggestions.I believe that turkey hunting is the ultimate sport and my dream is to one day take one of each subspecies.
Old 12-14-2002, 07:13 AM
Fork Horn

I talked with Jack last night and he's about full on his bookings. He didn't have a date that would handle the two of us. He's trying to hook us up with a friend of his there. You may want to call soon, he may have a single opening.

Old 12-14-2002, 08:41 PM

Thanks Highknob, I can't believe how helpful you guys are. I have been wanting to take a hunting trip for wild turkeys for a long time, and could never afford it. I now can. I have a job that I have to commit myself to, but If I know in advance I can schedule my vacation in advance. I have only hunted central Missouri, and would love to take a beautiful Merriam bird. I appreciate all the help.
Old 12-15-2002, 09:41 PM

Jack has a new email address. It is [email protected]. He has recently gone with a booking agency. I just talked to him last Sunday. I booked a hunt for my dad and I with him for the second weekend of the 2003 spring season. I booked the hunt before the 2002 spring season. Can't wait!