Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 What do readers think about Moss. 835 or 935 shotguns? >

What do readers think about Moss. 835 or 935 shotguns?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

What do readers think about Moss. 835 or 935 shotguns?

Old 02-13-2007, 04:59 AM

Default RE: What do readers think about Moss. 835 or 935 shotguns?

I have both a 835 and a 935. I hunted with the 835 for years and just got the 935. It shoots good and patterns the same as the 835 just alot less recoil. The turkey/waterfoul combo you mentioned sounds like a deal.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:41 AM
Fork Horn

I have shot amodel 500 for over 20 years now and have had fellow hunters with me say ( they had early versions of the 835 ) that for the handleing ability they liked the 500 better for its lighter weight, vast aray of barrel choices, its all what you need and what you can afford. either way you wont go wrong with a mossburg.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a good amount of experience with an 835 and I think it is a really nice gun for the money. As far as pump guns go, the only gun I found I like better than the 835 would be a Remington 870. I dont have much experience with the 935. I work in sporting goods and have talked to a lot of guys with a 935 and I'd say about 75% of the people I've talked to have really liked theirs. Again I think for the money they are pretty good. It's hard to find a 3.5" semi auto for less than $700.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the Grand Slam series 835, Hardwoods Green with a 20" barrel. I have found good luck with a Pure Gold choke tube.

The gun patterns better than anything I have ever seen in a 12ga. Nice and tight and very even. I can kill turkeys with it at ranges I will not shoot, simply for sake of sportsmanship.

It is light weight, short, and reliable enough to go bang on the first shot, which is all you need in a turkey gun. I have notived that the pump is a bit sticky, which is why I would not have it for anything other than a turkey gun.

But...as a turkey gun, its unbeatable.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:01 PM
Fork Horn

hey guys, i'm new here. I have the 835 and it patterns VERY well. But I cant stand the hard trigger pull. Ive shot remingtons for years and I wont this gun in a sale. I have to yank the trigger to get the gun to shoot, which suks when hunting. Last year because of that I missed a good shot at a bird. Someone siad the trigge rpull on these is around 6-7pounds? Remingtons have a 3pound pull. Its not a big difference, but enough to effect my shooting.

is there nayway to reduce that hard pull? I want to use this gun because of its pattern, but the trigger pull erks me badly
Old 02-13-2007, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Crazyfarmer

hey guys, i'm new here. I have the 835 and it patterns VERY well. But I cant stand the hard trigger pull. Ive shot remingtons for years and I wont this gun in a sale. I have to yank the trigger to get the gun to shoot, which suks when hunting. Last year because of that I missed a good shot at a bird. Someone siad the trigge rpull on these is around 6-7pounds? Remingtons have a 3pound pull. Its not a big difference, but enough to effect my shooting.

is there nayway to reduce that hard pull? I want to use this gun because of its pattern, but the trigger pull erks me badly
I haven't seen a Remington shotgun with a 3lb trigger pull....

As to adjusting the Mossy's trigger, I kind of doubt it. Most guns of the pump or auto variety have safeties that would be compromised were you to start fiddling with the trigger sears. I know the Remingtons are this way, but am not sure about the Mossy's. Used to be you could get a spring kit for Remington auto/pump rifles that I suspect would work in a shotgun too, since the trigger assembly is similar, but I'm not 100% sure.
Old 02-13-2007, 05:18 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys with the feedback, my friend who does not have a computer (and has to go through me) really appreciates it.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:53 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: mmorgan9812

Hands down Mossberg 835. I love my 835 Ultra-Mag!!
I will second that. I love mine even more since I put a limbsaver pad on it.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:46 PM
Typical Buck

I'm getting ready to buy one. Either that or stuff a pillow under my jacket.

Old 02-15-2007, 04:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

835!! Had one since 1990. It has never failed me. It has been through the mill too. Leaned up against the back of my truck once, and forgot it when I backed up and ran over it. Also used it to row the duck boat in when the motor stalled out and forgot the oars! Still shoots and performs great!

Quick Reply: What do readers think about Moss. 835 or 935 shotguns?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.