Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Pistol Grip Shotguns

Old 12-30-2006, 05:40 PM

Default RE: Pistol Grip Shotguns

Although I am a big fan of more traditional firearms, i do have a tactical loving side, depending on my mood. I have one of my 870s as a tactical rig. I started out with a ATI top-folder and loved the stock to death and used it for 6-7 years like that. About a year ago I decided to ditch it and try the new CAR style 6 position pistol grip stock since it was a new growing trend, thought it might be better for me. Well that lasted about 3 months and now I'm back to the factory buttstock but I will be getting a new topfolder for it. I miss that stock so bad I cant stand it. I felt like I had alot more control over it. That AR style stock just was really really uncomfortable to me. As beloved as they are honestly an AR is very uncomfortable for me to shoulder. If a turkey only I'd check out the thumbhole models like the 870 or as stated some of the aftermarket stocks out there.
Old 12-31-2006, 12:42 AM

I had one similar to this in mind (butt stock only):

any thoughts on those?
Old 12-31-2006, 11:41 AM

I just checked out the Mossberg site, they have an 835 model with a pistol grip for about half the price of the Benelli. The 835 is a good gun isn't it? I think I've found what I've been looking for.
i have both a benelli sbe2 and a mossberg 835. the 835 is a GREAT gun and will stand up to most conditions, but then again the benelli is the best as stated above and it will stand up to anything. some more things to consider:

do you like pump or semiauto?
how much do you want to spend?

i couldnt be happier with my benelli but my dad swears by his 835 so to each his own. cant go wrong with either gun.