Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Gobbler Guillotine broadhead >

Gobbler Guillotine broadhead

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Gobbler Guillotine broadhead

Old 12-07-2006, 10:26 PM
Spike

Default Gobbler Guillotine broadhead

After seing theseI went out and bought one without really researching. Know that I have found these forums I did a search for them and it came up with zero responses.

Anyone use em? Taken many bird with em?

I ended up not being able to use it this fall since I didnt have any arrows long enough doh! But next yearI mightmake up another couple arrows just for these.
Old 12-09-2006, 06:04 AM

Default RE: Gobbler Guillotine broadhead

i was curious about these too. have you shot it at all? i dont see how it could fly accuratelly
Old 12-09-2006, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Click this link.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/...77?action=html
Old 12-10-2006, 10:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

WOW.......awesome footage. That first shot was incredible. I talked to T-Bone from Realtree the other day up at Gun Country and he and this other guy said those things are pretty accurate and fly well up to about 20-25 yards. Anything inside of 20 is ideal for these things though. There's a100 grain and a 125 grain, obviously the 100 grain flies better but the cutting diameter is not as wide.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

That was nasty!
Old 12-11-2006, 03:37 PM
Spike

Wow! But... it looks as though this group might have some affiliation with them or say getting sponsored by the co.? I'd like to hear from *several* people that have actually used them for a valid opinion. I dont know if the lack of responses from succesful hunters so far means anything?
Old 12-11-2006, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ol eagle eyes

Wow! But... it looks as though this group might have some affiliation with them or say getting sponsored by the co.? I'd like to hear from *several* people that have actually used them for a valid opinion. I dont know if the lack of responses from succesful hunters so far means anything?
True, plus you'd have to be a pretty good shot with that bow to be right on a turkey's head from 20 yards. It'd be a challenge for sure. I'm gonna stick to my trusty Remi. But I'd like to actually witness that up close and personal for myself. I can't get over that first shot, I've watched it over and over, haha.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:09 AM
Spike

Well, my accuracy isnt the problem, its getting the bird in 20-25 yards for me is the problem. Yeah, I hunt with a shotgun in spring though I have only tried it a couple times, but its in the fall when I am hunting deer in my trestand (archery season) when I see em all over the place, they just usuallycome intothe 30-35yd range. I figured that with the bow I could actually hunt either deer or turkey.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

On the men's channel on Double BullOutdoors, they use them and have some amazing footage of shots with these heads. A friend of mine shot this year and took one bird, but he had to do quite a bit of creative fletching to get them to fly consistent out of his bow. He ended going with 4 4" feathers to get them to fly the best.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:49 PM

Check out www.livehunt.com. There is about a 15 minute video of the double bull guys using them. It may be under arrow dynamic solutions. I watched it yesterday, I could watch it over and over again, awesome footage. IfI was going to hunt turkey with a bow, that'sthe way I'd go. Good luck finding them if they run off with a regular broadhead.But they ain't going far without a head. If the head doesn't come off, you should at least break the neck.

Quick Reply: Gobbler Guillotine broadhead

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.