HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   Gobbler Guillotine broadhead (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/169051-gobbler-guillotine-broadhead.html)

ol eagle eyes 12-07-2006 10:26 PM

Gobbler Guillotine broadhead

After seing theseI went out and bought one without really researching. Know that I have found these forums I did a search for them and it came up with zero responses.

Anyone use em? Taken many bird with em?

I ended up not being able to use it this fall since I didnt have any arrows long enough doh! But next yearI mightmake up another couple arrows just for these.

rrviper40 12-09-2006 06:04 AM

RE: Gobbler Guillotine broadhead

i was curious about these too. have you shot it at all? i dont see how it could fly accuratelly

maytom 12-09-2006 07:13 PM

Click this link.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/...77?action=html

SouthernStrut56 12-10-2006 10:36 PM

WOW.......awesome footage. That first shot was incredible. I talked to T-Bone from Realtree the other day up at Gun Country and he and this other guy said those things are pretty accurate and fly well up to about 20-25 yards. Anything inside of 20 is ideal for these things though. There's a100 grain and a 125 grain, obviously the 100 grain flies better but the cutting diameter is not as wide.

superstrutter 12-11-2006 09:04 AM

That was nasty!

ol eagle eyes 12-11-2006 03:37 PM

Wow! But... it looks as though this group might have some affiliation with them or say getting sponsored by the co.? I'd like to hear from *several* people that have actually used them for a valid opinion. I dont know if the lack of responses from succesful hunters so far means anything?

SouthernStrut56 12-11-2006 04:47 PM

ORIGINAL: ol eagle eyes

Wow! But... it looks as though this group might have some affiliation with them or say getting sponsored by the co.? I'd like to hear from *several* people that have actually used them for a valid opinion. I dont know if the lack of responses from succesful hunters so far means anything?
True, plus you'd have to be a pretty good shot with that bow to be right on a turkey's head from 20 yards. It'd be a challenge for sure. I'm gonna stick to my trusty Remi. But I'd like to actually witness that up close and personal for myself. I can't get over that first shot, I've watched it over and over, haha.

ol eagle eyes 12-12-2006 05:09 AM

Well, my accuracy isnt the problem, its getting the bird in 20-25 yards for me is the problem. Yeah, I hunt with a shotgun in spring though I have only tried it a couple times, but its in the fall when I am hunting deer in my trestand (archery season) when I see em all over the place, they just usuallycome intothe 30-35yd range. I figured that with the bow I could actually hunt either deer or turkey.

YooperMike 12-13-2006 12:51 PM

On the men's channel on Double BullOutdoors, they use them and have some amazing footage of shots with these heads. A friend of mine shot this year and took one bird, but he had to do quite a bit of creative fletching to get them to fly consistent out of his bow. He ended going with 4 4" feathers to get them to fly the best.

cuz 24 12-13-2006 01:49 PM

Check out www.livehunt.com. There is about a 15 minute video of the double bull guys using them. It may be under arrow dynamic solutions. I watched it yesterday, I could watch it over and over again, awesome footage. IfI was going to hunt turkey with a bow, that'sthe way I'd go. Good luck finding them if they run off with a regular broadhead.But they ain't going far without a head. If the head doesn't come off, you should at least break the neck.