Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Fall Tactic's

Old 07-02-2006, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Fall Tactic's

i know this has been done before, but i want a new thread started, lol......
the huntnma thread just didnt work, lol....so if you could list 3 of the top things each that makes you successful in the fall, what would they be ? - huntnma

Sorry Ma , I was going to change this Thread last night and forgot , Two great minds thinking alike, thats kinda scary [8D]...BT
Old 07-02-2006, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Huntnma

Had to put tile down....it's been a project i've been doing for 4 weekends now, lol....well most all weekends, lol....the big tiles are down, now i just have to cut the and lay the edges...i can do that after work during the week....been trying to get all this house stuff done before season starts,lol.....i do have 2 archery hunts that i can hunt turkey, so believe me, i'll be out there soon enough , lol...what are you doing home ? lol.....
Old 07-02-2006, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

When do you start scouting for the fall birds Ma ?

Its a Long weekend this weekend , so this is my first day off since last Feburary. I had to start pounding nails the day after our hunt ended May31st.

I thought we could turn this posted into some Fall scouting info for the board so thats why I posted it.

All the best on the floor, I know that can be work LOL...BT
Old 07-03-2006, 03:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

i have to work this long weekend, lol...but thats ok....seein' work where i hunt, i do have an advantage on knowing where the birds like to hang out, but you k now me, that wont stop me from scouting, lol.......my first bow hunt for turkey isnt until Oct., so the whole month of Sept., i'll be scouting before and after work.......so when will y'all begin scoutin' ?
Old 07-03-2006, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here in Ontario we do not have a Fall turkey season yet so I have to travel about 7 hours to enjoy a good Fall hunt. I hunt fall turkeys with a dog and his name is Jalvja. He's a good little guy and he is trained to even scout the birds in the area I hunt for the fall [8D]

Just kidding Jalvja does the scouting in the area I hunt, because I join him in most fall seasons just to get a part of this sport. I find the fall season as exciting as the spring only in a different perspective. The only part I don't like is running after the birds to bust them up when they are above me on them PA mountains [:'(]

I would also like to here form some of the other fall hunters and the tricks they use to scout and hunt Fall Turkeys ...BT
Old 07-04-2006, 04:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Adrian J Hare

I would also like to here form some of the other fall hunters and the tricks they use to scout and hunt Fall Turkeys ...BT
ME TOO.........
Old 07-04-2006, 08:08 AM

We'll have a fall season this year for the first time in ???? So I'd be interested in fall tactics also.
Old 07-08-2006, 08:02 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: huntnma

ORIGINAL: Adrian J Hare

ME TOO.........
I don't spend any summer time scouting fall birds, but begin with the fall squirrell season. Birds don't get into mast crops until they begin to fall in late Sept and into October. Row crops don't get picked until nearing mid-Sept so visual sign begins to show up at this point. As in late winter scouting for spring birds, i concentrate on Hardwoods ridges with mast tress near row crops fields, AND a water source nearby. You find these three things in close proximinity( within 1/2 mile or less), this should be turkeyville. Also pasture fields in Sept that have grasshoppers are a turkey magnet, especially in the afternoon! A drove of hens & poults in the fall can be quite racious, obviously saving walking shoes. They are very patternable at this time & ifundisturbed, u can almost set your watch by them. This will allow one to simply get there ahead of them & wait.
My method of hunting them is to try & make audio contact while they R still on roost & get close as possible in hopes off calling them to me. If prior scouting has shown a predictable path, i may wait there silently. Should they vere off my path( they wouldn't do that, would they?), i will go on the offensive. Not much of a fan of scattering as it must be done RIGHT! They MUST be scattered to ALL points of the compass, or you have simply gained excersize! Fall hunting can be combination of slippin, slitherin. crawling & upraised from your knees as you try & keep contact. That is REAL turkey hunting!
Old 07-09-2006, 06:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

and turk that is a very good reply -Thankyou for that info...BT
Old 07-09-2006, 11:01 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: turk2di

They MUST be scattered to ALL points of the compass, or you have simply gained excersize! Fall hunting can be combination of slippin, slitherin. crawling & upraised from your knees as you try & keep contact. That is REAL turkey hunting!

10-4, good buddy!

Quick Reply: Fall Tactic's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.